Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

"Pass Your Message" Problem

Hi

I keep randomly getting stuck with ATC saying "Pass Your Message" after my response, which is becoming very irritating and spoiling the flight.

I have the correct frequency selected, I hold down the transmit key and wait one second after the click and read the correct response in a steady and clear manner then wait another second and release the key.  I have spent roughly an hour and a half voice training both general and using the Flight Plan Trainer.  The last time was a very simple response after crossing a runway, it was "Golf November Bravo Vacated Runway" no matter how many times I said it ATC always responded with Pass Your Message.

Is there any way around this ?

Glen

I've only experiences this once, fortunately at the end of a flight.  you'd need to give a little more detail about:

what flight you were doing

where it happened

what scenery was involved

which vox version and sim are you using?

Do you have an error log from the flight?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin

Flying from Shoreham UK2000 (Orbx FTX EGKA) via Lee-on-solent to Bournmouth then Exeter (UK2000)

Cleared to runway 20 from GA parking during taxi  on 'K'  I held short of runway 25 and asked to cross the threshold and was told to standby on Tower frequency, as nothing happened I called again and was told clear to cross 25 and call when vacated.  That's when I got the Pass your message instruction each time I read the Runway vacated message.  As I wasn't actually crossing runway 25 but its end perhaps Voxatc got a bit confused.

I'm using P3Dv5 and the latest VoxATC that just came out.  I have now ticked the enable logging box in Advanced Settings.

Glen

Ok, can you try again, see if you get the same problem and if you do, save the log please? If you can replicate the error.under the same circumstances I'll see if I can too.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin, I'll try and replicate it and report back.

• Like 1

Glen

Could this have something to do with 8.33 KHz comm spacing? It could be a bug with three possible sources:

1. VOXATC

2. P3d5

3. The radio gauge being used.

I would try using the stock P3d5 C-130  (which has 8.33 KHz spacing) with the stock P3d5 airports and see if VOXATC works any differently.

I just tried the C-130 with the stock airport and it works for me. That doesn't prove much but maybe you should try the stock C-130 with the UK 2000 version of EGKA. Have fun getting that beast to takeoff and land there though.😂

I'll try thanks.

I assume this problem isn't common then ?

Glen

I don't think that this problem has been reported here before, but Kevin would know better, because "Pass this Message" is a UK setting. I'm in NA and only fly with VOXATC in Europe for testing purposes.

13 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

Thanks Kevin, I'll try and replicate it and report back.

Let's investigate the problem, presuming its replicable.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin, many thanks for helping me with this problem.

I have just noticed I said in my second post I was using Shoreham UK2000 (Orbx FTX EGKA), that should have been the Orbx version not UK2000.

I don't know how to replicate this problem for you to test.  I have had this problem many times before at different airfields and in flight especially when giving long VFR position reports.  I tried again last night from Shoreham and couldn't even get passed the initial taxi clearance with out ATC Tower 125.400 saying "Pass Your Message" each time.  I thought it might be a problem with my joystick transmit button so I set up another flight again from Shoreham this time using the keyboard spacebar but still had the same result.

Is there any way I can send you the Error Report as its a bit too long to post on this forum.

BTW I'm using the GTN750 to change frequencies which has the 8.33 KHz spacing.

Glen

will have a look as soon as I can...family issues at the moment so may not be too quick, sorry

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

Is there any way I can send you the Error Report as its a bit too long to post on this forum.

BTW I'm using the GTN750 to change frequencies which has the 8.33 KHz spacing.

Upload a zip file of all the log files to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive etc. and post a link to the uploaded file. Also send that link via the contact page on the official VOXATC website.

Let me try that flightplan with an aircraft that has the RXP GTN 750. I haven't noticed issues before but it could be the gauge.

is it the rxp gtn750 or the flight1 version?

xaP1VAU.png

Here's my results. Even though the Garmin GTN 750 trainer works perfectly offline, In 8.33 KHz mode, the RXP gauge display always changes 125.405 to 125.400. I'm not sure how this is even possible since the RXP gauge is based on the Garmin trainer. It could have something to do with having the legacy radios also active, which of course can't display 8.33 KHZ frequencies correctly. I'm going to change my panel configuration to eliminate the legacy radios and see if that helps, Else, I'm going to ask about this on the RXP forum.