Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

"Pass Your Message" Problem

RXP has confirmed the isuue with 8.33 KHz spacing in their GTN. They are trying to figure out whether the gauge or P3d5 is the cause. For those of you not familiar with 8.33 spacing, the actual frequency and the displayed frequency are not the same. RXP is trying to figure out which frequency type is being stored in the SimVar that the gauge displays. 

In any case it's not a VOXATC issue.

• Like 1

I had problem with "pass your message in LOWI, after ...vacated runway. When I said next: ... request taxi instructions -  problem resolved. All going next properly.

Marek

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

On 7/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, kevinfirth said:

@GAJ52 are you using fsaerodata and/or the level D navigraph data with vox?

Sorry Kevin I have been away for a few days.

I did use fsaerodata with P3Dv4 but it caused problems with Aivlasoft EFB2 so it was recommended not to use it, so I haven't installed it in P3Dv5.  I have installed the Level D Navigraph data within Voxatc.

• Like 1

Glen

I tried another short flight from Shoreham to Blackbushe EGLK, started at GA stand 12, listened to ATIS and was told to contact Tower 125.400.  I selected this on the Flight1 GTN750 and got taxi clearance to Runway 20 via A and K, I didn't ask to cross runway 25 as I was taxying passed the end on the threshold and not technically crossing the runway - didn't want to confuse ATC.

Departure ok and requested a Basic Service from Farnborough Radar 125.250, later Farnborough asked me to contact Blackbushe Information on 122.300, I repeated the frequency change and Farnborough acknowledge I understood by saying Basic Service terminated .  I then selected 122.300 but the Vox window said change back to 125.250 and still said I had Basic Service - I was stuck in this situation so I closed VoxATC and re-enabled it to get to Blackbushe Info on 122.300.

Arrival fine until finals, Blackbushe kept asking me to report Finals even though I had done so two or three times.  After turning off the runway I was told to report Vacated Runway but Blackbushe kept saying 'Pass your message'.  I stopped on the taxiway and shut down.

Link to Error Log    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy6bmjk2bqx39pr/error.log?dl=0

If anyone has the skill to decipher this Log I would be very grateful to find out what went wrong.

Glen

Glen

The log file shows no obvious errors related to your issue, but then again I'm not the developer. The file that you posted shows your ATC conversation in detail so that the developer can pinpoint issues. I could probably go through each exchange in the log and figure out which exchange corresponds to the parts of your above description, but I'd rather wait to hear back from RXP about the GTN gauge. I know you are using the F1 version of the GTN, but before I would contact F1 I would want to refer to what RXP discovered about their gauge.

There may be two issues in parallel here. First the RXP (and possibly the F1) gauge may not be tuning 8.33 KHz frequencies correctly and second, there may be an issue with VOXATC. I do know that the default P3d5 C-130 seems to work at Shoreham with VOXATC, so I recommend that you should try the same flightplan with that aircraft and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Many thanks jabloomf1230 for helping to solve this problem.

I will try the C-130 as you suggested to see if it makes a difference. 

I have copied the text of the problem of my flight from Shoreham to Blackbushe and sent it to Tegwyn via his website Contact page.  I've also sent him the link to the error log, if he gets back to me I will report the findings here.

Glen

I tried the C-130 but don't know enough about its operation as I was asked to set a squark but couldn't get the transponder to work.  I tried the A2A Bonanza without the F1 GTN installed and all worked fine until I contacted Farnborough Radar for a Basic Service and one of the AI aircraft was already talking to Farnborough.  After the AI contacted Farnborough Radar, There was a loop of Farnborough saying "Gxxxx Pass your message" with the Ai repeating his request - this went on looping over again so I just gave up.

This is why I stopped using Voxatc many years ago it was just one problem after another.

In my opinion it could be the best ATC program by far, and I have bought and used them all, but it doesn't seem stable enough to handle different computer setups.  Some users seem to have no problems, others like myself cannot complete a flight.

As I seem to be one of those users having problems I would be quite happy to work with the developer to try and iron these problems out.

Glen

So far, RXP has not responded back to me about their GTN gauge.  The developer and I exchanged a bunch of PMs, so I know that he's working on it.  As soon as the RXP GTN gauge is updated, I can go back to trying to duplicate your problem.

I asked on the A2A support forum about 8.33 also and got no response. My guess is that all the 3rd party developers were caught unaware by the addition of 8.33 KHz comm spacing in P3d5. Since the C-130 does work for me, I'm at a loss to do anything further on this, until I hear back from the developers. You should be aware that the F1 GTN gauge doesn't work at all for me with P3d5, although it works in P3d4.5. That has nothing to so with VOXATC. I rarely use the F1 GTN, so I'm not concerned.

7 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

Some users seem to have no problems, others like myself cannot complete a flight.

This is more of a problem with having an open platform. Once the sim as modified by a lot of different add-ons, it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot, unless a large number of users experience the same issue. If you read the P3d official forums, if a user has a problem, the first thing that LM staff ask is, "Does it happen without any  add-ons installed?" VOXATC is designed to work with the base sim and the issue of troubleshooting is the same as it is for the sim itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This is more of a problem with having an open platform. Once the sim as modified by a lot of different add-ons, it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot, unless a large number of users experience the same issue. If you read the P3d official forums, if a user has a problem, the first thing that LM staff ask is, "Does it happen without any  add-ons installed?" VOXATC is designed to work with the base sim and the issue of troubleshooting is the same as it is for the sim itself.

That's a very good point and I fully agree with what you said.

My setup is fairly typical, I have ORBX base scenery including EU England and mainly use either A2A for GA flying or PMDG 737u for Airline type flying.  My offer still stands, if Tegwyn needs an extra testbed to try things out I'm more than happy to help.  If you could mention this next time you contact him. I'm quite happy to be contacted via PM.  I did work with Tegwyn briefly during version 6 to test some taxying problems.

Glen

On 7/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, GAJ52 said:

I tried another short flight from Shoreham to Blackbushe EGLK, started at GA stand 12, listened to ATIS and was told to contact Tower 125.400.  I selected this on the Flight1 GTN750 and got taxi clearance to Runway 20 via A and K, I didn't ask to cross runway 25 as I was taxying passed the end on the threshold and not technically crossing the runway - didn't want to confuse ATC.

Departure ok and requested a Basic Service from Farnborough Radar 125.250, later Farnborough asked me to contact Blackbushe Information on 122.300, I repeated the frequency change and Farnborough acknowledge I understood by saying Basic Service terminated .  I then selected 122.300 but the Vox window said change back to 125.250 and still said I had Basic Service - I was stuck in this situation so I closed VoxATC and re-enabled it to get to Blackbushe Info on 122.300.

Arrival fine until finals, Blackbushe kept asking me to report Finals even though I had done so two or three times.  After turning off the runway I was told to report Vacated Runway but Blackbushe kept saying 'Pass your message'.  I stopped on the taxiway and shut down.

Link to Error Log    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy6bmjk2bqx39pr/error.log?dl=0

If anyone has the skill to decipher this Log I would be very grateful to find out what went wrong.

Glen

Is the developer still responding to support questions, I sent a copy of this message to the support contact section of the Voxatc webpage a week ago and still haven't had a reply or acknowledgement ? 

Glen

At the.moment, he is relying on Kevin and I to also try to duplicate errors reported by users via the contact page, since most of the errors in the P3d5 version seem to be related to 3rd party airports. The solution to your specific error is confounded by uncertainty relating to how LM coded 8.33 KHz com spacing and how the GTN gauge developers implemented it.  Did you ask about the F1 GTN gauge and 8.33 KHz com spacing on their official support forum?

I have just been re-reading this thread and it appears if the 8.33 kHz spacing is my issue then I will have to call it a day with Voxatc.  My main aircraft are PMDG, A2A using the Flight1 GTN750 non of which are compatible with 8.33 spacing so can't be used with Voxatc, that's a shame because its the most realistic 3rd party ATC program without going to Vatsim.

Glen

Well just by coincidence, RXP has just updated the flightsim version of the GTN to 2.5.27.0. The changelog says that the 8.33 issue is fixed. This doesn't help users of either the Flight 1 GTN or PMDG aircraft, but at least I can test VOXATC with it and report back.

• Like 1

That sounds encouraging.

Glen

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This doesn't help users of ...... PMDG aircraft

i understood the 737NGXu is compatible .... true ??

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin