Sign in to follow this  
paulsk

Carenado G1000 charts data n/a

Flightsimulator: Prepar3D v4.5.

Airplane Carenado C172SP G1000 with SVS.

I have a subscription to Navigraph Charts data.

Using Navigraph FMS data manager I updated also "Carenado (all products)" in P3D to the current cycle "2008 rev 1".

The G1000 system reports to be: 2563.02 (c) 2011-13 Garmin Ltd or subs.

Database:

- Checklist File: (not filled-in).

- Basemap Land 2.00. SafeTaxi Expires 20-11-2020.

- Terrain 2.04. Airport Terrain 2.04.

- Obstacle Expires 13-MAR-2020.

- Aviation Expires 23-NOV-2020. Chart Data: N/A. 

After updating the Navigraph maps using the FMS Data Manager app; at the moment of loading the airplane, popped-up a window of Carenado, starting with the text: "PLEASE WAIT Building Navigtraph Database. This may take some minutes".

After this popup window disappeared I started the airplane engine. I saw the G1000 equipment start up. Then I began using the G1000 system.

I discovered that various VOR frequencies of the Munich airport (EDDM) and vicinity, shown in the Navigraph Charts application for MS Windows, when used in P3D tuned to other VOR stations.

I also discovered that, for example, the Munich airport VORs "DMN" and "DMS" were listed in the G1000 equipment in a list of  "NDB" stations.

I saw that the frequency of the VOR with ID "DMS" was correctly mentioned in the list of NDB stations, but when selecting the frequency 115.0 MHz in the VOR1 receiver the G1000 system displayed the ID "HDO" instead of "DMS". So, the VOR1 receiver was tuned to another VOR station.

Can anyone explain me what is going wrong here, please? And, if possible, enlight me with a solution or work-around.

Thank you,

AM26e9I.png

gP9aqMc.png

oFrN9F8.png

XWHLcFb.png

A20QdMd.png

14 minutes ago, paulsk said:

Can anyone explain me what is going wrong here, please?

Yup, you pressed the 'buy now' button when on the Carenado website. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks

41 minutes ago, paulsk said:

Can anyone explain me what is going wrong here, please? And, if possible, enlight me with a solution or work-around.

Thank you,

It looks like the VOR only navaids are being recognized as VOR navaids and the ILS, NDB and DME navaids are being recognized as NDB navaids by the G1000. I loaded up the C172 and the DA62 which both have the Navigraph data and they both have the same issue, in other words, I'm getting the same issue.  Do not know if there is a work around.  There may be a solution in the AVSIM Carenado C172SP forum.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Just now, paulsk said:

@Chock Thank you! Very funny but not an answer I can do anything with.

Yeah, I think the more helpful answer would be that to get the kind of fidelity one would be hoping for in a simulation of avionics such as the G1000, Carenado would not be the ideal port of call and third party stuff would do a better job. Carenado make some fun stuff, but systems are not their strong point.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@Chock Thank you. Yes, I have quite some experience with their stuff not being perfect. Good lookin' but often functional errors (many times because of "cut 'n paste" errors).