Sign in to follow this  
revporl

Voice recognition on ATC and VR timescale

Hi 

I'm currently a user of XP11 in VR with P2ATC using voice control as I find this the most immersive way to use the sim.

I know that it won't launch with VR but does anyone know if a vague timescale for VR has been mentioned? I'll buy MSFS2020 when it does, I couldn't go back to pancake, no matter how pretty. 

Also does anyone know if the ATC will have voice reconition? Again, having enjoyed this I'd find going back to pushing buttons for ATC would really break the immersion for me. I know there will be VATSIM support, but that doesn't really interest me.

Thanks,

Paul

• Like 1

I couldn't go back to pancake, no matter how pretty. 

I have never understood this opinion from VR fans. For me the appeal of VR ends very quickly after I look at the low blurry graphics for more than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 hours ago, revporl said:

I know that it won't launch with VR but does anyone know if a vague timescale for VR has been mentioned?

Second Tuesday of next week. :wink: 

There's been no official announcement on either either VR or speech recognition. Officially, the ATC at release does not have SR. There are rumors of developers making 3rd party ATC products that add TTS and SR. 

My original theory about the lack of TTS and SR was that Asobo might have been concerned about the performance burden and possibly the need for a good microphone. After thinking about it some more, I believe that an additional factor may be that MS is transitioning from a locally-based speech platform (like what is built-in to Windows 10) to a server-based speech system.