Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Why do you use FSAerodata?

20 hours ago, FPStewy said:

So what does this mean, that you can navigraph update Aivlasoft to the latest cycle but never P3D's aerodata ?

Yeah, I think that's it...unfortunately 😕

Aivlasoft's algorithm is not able to handle the way FSAerodata is updating the airport database (especially the ILS updates).

The only option you have, is to use Herve Sors (aero.sors.fr) updates and he cannot provide any updates for P3DV5 right now due to copyright reasons.
It would be an option to use the AIE (Airport Inspector and Editor) from his site to search for discrepancies and fix them one by on with AIE (which is some work to do I guess).

Also third-party airports have to be updated manually, because Herve's data only updates the stock files.

Hope this helps...

Marc Weber

4 hours ago, Mischung said:

Yeah, I think that's it...unfortunately 😕

Hope this helps...

It helps understanding but also brings up a conundrum or sorts.

either I use Aivlasoft and never navigraph update it and never FSAerodata update P3D and stick with the default cycle forever

or not use Aivlasoft and use Navigraph and FSAerodata.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

To be honest I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but EFB2 had a hard time doing the database build and update if the P3d data had been updated via Aerodata.

Oops. I see someone else already responded with some actual information 😉

Edited by Alistair Logie
Update requiere