Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

[Closed] Enabling Cockpit Lighting

I was advised to check to see if "cockpit lighting" is enabled in the lightmap... I use AIG-OCI and I noticed on this aircraft and some others that there were no cockpit lights on so I thought I would ask here since "The Pro" resides here :)

This is one model:

EMB 175...RFS_E17X
model=OW_rev3

Thanks for any help,

BobM.

Bob M

I talked to Kaiii3 because one of the models...as with some others faib a319 have no cockpit lights showing and was curious. He said to see if they have been enabled in the light maps... I know that cockpit is #4 and uses beacon and is not // out but that all I know.

https://imgur.com/OF5OMxt

RFSL_EMB-170v3(p3dv4)

I know there are other but this are AIM_OCI simobjects so was just wondering. Its not a biggee.. I am thankful to have AIG and you..so I am not complaining

This is yours cfg entry t the bottom for this plane 

[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]
light.0=3, -10.0,  -40.84,   2.031, fx_navred ,
light.1=3, -10.0,   40.84,   2.031, fx_navgre ,
light.2=2, -10.0,  -40.84,   2.031, fx_strobeh ,
light.3=2, -10.0,   40.84,   2.031, fx_strobeh ,
light.4=1,  6.616,    0.00, -5.177, fx_beaconh,
light.5=1,  18.224,   0.00,  7.088, fx_beaconh,
light.6=3, -14.248,  -40.281,   1.948, fx_navwhi,
light.7=3, -14.248,   40.281,   1.948, fx_navwhi,
light.8=5,   7.90,  -5.50,   -0.95, fx_landing ,
light.9=5,   7.90,   5.50,   -0.95, fx_landing ,

This is the section under General.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=3, -10, -40.84, 2.031, fx_fsreborn_navred
light.1=3, -10, 40.84, 2.031, fx_fsreborn_navgre
light.2=2, 0, 0, 0, fx_fsreborn_stfb3467
light.3=1, 6.616, 0, -5.177, fx_fsreborn_beacon
light.4=1, 18.224, 0, 7.088, fx_fsreborn_beacon
light.5=3, -14.248, -40.281, 1.948, fx_fsreborn_navwhi
light.6=3, -14.248, 40.281, 1.948, fx_fsreborn_navwhi

Thanks Simbol..use your PRO version

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

Hi Bob,

I think Kaii is asking you to check the "lights maps", this is not via the "[LIGHTS]" section, it is a configuration on the textures of the aircraft (what is called a self illumination map).

Everything looks good in the lights configuration you posted. So check the FAIB A319 documentation / readme, I think there is a configuration change you do to the aircraft.cfg center tanks to enable the lights maps or disable them and this is what I believe Kaii is asking you to check.

Regards,

Never done it before and will give it a whirl.....

Am I in the right area..this is the SDK and there is a check mark for "Self Illumination:

Emissive Map / Self-Illumination Map

The emissive map is a light map in the sense that it adds light to areas on an object's surface which have been defined in the emissive map. Objects (including aircraft) are also affected by the lighting values in the rendering engine. When those lighting values become dark (at night), objects are darkened accordingly. In order to add the effect of light sources on surfaces, a painter will create and include an emissive map with the other textures for a given object.

Ex_T.jpg Ex_LM.jpg

Emissive maps generally take the form of mostly black images with specific areas of light painted in where the painter wishes light to be splashed on the model surface. Details (such as panel lines, rivets, etc) do not need to be included. If the base color is not pure black, the entire model will end up being slightly lightened. This is because the display engine employs an additive algorithm and any value lighter than 0,0,0 (black) will brighten the model when the map is engaged.

As with the other per-pixel maps, the emissive map uses the same UV's as the diffuse map. It can be the same resolution, but it is recommended that it be smaller. Halving or even quartering the resolution of the original diffuse map is very effective since the emissive map displays mostly pools of light, which can actually benefit from blurring which results from a smaller texture resolution. A lower resolution also helps to bolster performance.

The emissive map effect includes color values as well as grayscale values. Any color values in the map will affect the model. This can be useful for colored lights, or anything else a painter may wish to explore. The Alpha channel is not employed in an emissive map.

If there is no need for an emissive map to be used, it does not need to be added. Some aircraft do not need areas to be lit since there may be no lights, or the lights may be located at points on the airframe where light splash will not occur. In these cases it is not necessary to include an emissive map at all. An emissive map which is all black would be the same as not having a map at all, since it would have no effect at all. There are four main choices in 3ds Max which set the way the emissive map is employed:

Additive, AdditiveNightOnly, Blend and MultiplyBlend. There are the same four options with the postfix UserControlled.

• The Additive option employs the emissive map in such a way that all values in the map brighten the object it is applied to. When Additive mode is chosen, the emissive map should be enabled all of the time, regardless of the ambient lighting values. Black on an emissive map set to Additive will have no effect.
  • Additive applies all the time, AdditiveNightOnly obviously only applies at night.
  • Blend is the third option for the emissive map mode. Here the map is displayed as per the other options, but is tied to the ambient lighting value. As that lighting value darkens, the emissive map effect is blended from a fully disengaged state (day) to a fully engaged one (night).
  • The Multiply Blend option is usually used to add colored tints to light colored, or white, gauge elements, and is progressively applied as it gets darker.
  • The Additive User Controlled option is usually chosen to enable light-splash on the aircraft's surface so it can be engaged and disengaged as the lights are switched on and off. All the UserControlled options apply only when the Panel switch is turned on.

Note that this map will need to be specified in the map slot referred to in the 3ds Max Material Editor as the Self Illumination slot. Click the slot and define the path for the map.

LM_Map.jpg Map size:   Can be 1024x1024, but smaller resolutions are notably effective.
Source Format:   24 bit (8 bits per channel) RGB PSD
Build Format:   DXT1 DDS file
Name:   Model name followed by "_T_LM"; EG: Beech_Baron_58_T_LM.PSD / DDS
Alpha Channel:   Remove from source file (PSD); it is not supported.

Thanks Simbol,

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M