Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

GamingBolt YouTube Review - Strange FPS?

According to this video:

This is what he states: 

Regarding the frame rate issues in the video: The developers recommend an AMD Ryzen 5 1500X, NVIDIA GTX 970 and 16GB of memory. The PC we ran this game on featured a GTX 1080Ti, AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 16GB of Memory, M.2 SSD with internet speed of 200 Mbps. I frequently ran into performance issues at Ultra settings at 1080p resolution. Sometimes the game may fall down to below 20 fps and then it will have long stretches of 30 to 40 frames per second. I lowered some of the settings but that didn’t make any difference. Performance was absolutely horrific in specific scenarios like snow, storm, night time or while piloting a Boeing or an Airbus with frame rates dipping into single digit. In short, this game is in severe need of a performance patch.

GFX card seems hefty enough...maybe its the RAM and CPU thats the issue? Hard to believe that 1080p is going to have FPS issues like that when ive seen 4k running at 40-50 FPS. 

• Like 1

Well the reviewer is an word not allowed. The recommended specs are NOT for Ultra settings, for that you would need the ideal specs.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

He might also have word not allowed internet

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, ckyliu said:

Well the reviewer is an word not allowed. The recommended specs are NOT for Ultra settings, for that you would need the ideal specs.

true true...but he said in his review lowering the settings didnt seem to change things. Something is askew..probably his processor. Also 16GB ram...Most videos ive seen (all videos with ram usage shown) is hovering right at 19 -20 GB of Ram constant. 

I fully expected and spoke about this already from other videos I've seen drastic perf. issues with. What has caught me off guard about these comments is when he mentions that turning down settings below ultra did not help...that is alarming, if true. Lets wait and not judge yet...needs alot more time and testing to know whats going on there.