Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Airliners may lower your FPS by 10-15 FPS or more

I noticed something interesting with regards to the PFD/MFD display refresh rate. 

I've kept the refresh rate on Medium for a month now. But lately after the last update, in cockpit view started to lower my FPS.
So I lowered the refresh rate to Low, and that helped, but it doesn't look right.
I then set the refresh rate back to High, and the FPS jumped back up to normal again. 

In summary; I get better FPS with refresh on High than on Medium after the last patch.

I'm on a 3440x1440 60 Hz G-Sync monitor with G-Sync enabled. I don't limit FPS or keep V-sync on in the settings. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I remember a time when we had to apply tweaks after tweaks in order to run default airliners in a default environment with default traffic at acceptable framerates - that was when FSX was released 😛