Sign in to follow this  
DevDog

Assigning ATC to Headset

In FSX I used to have all aircraft sounds on my external speakers via my default sound device and then all talk and ATC sounds coming through my headset, via my sound card. This was done through the sound options screen in FSX. I can't seem to find this option in the sound settings of FS2020 though. Am I missing something?

I'm not in front of the computer, so names might not be precise. Go into your Windows sound settings, select your headphones and choose them as your 'Default Communication Device' (NOT 'Default Sound'). 

Next find your sound settings in MSFS and select 'Communication Device' for ATC. 

That's all there really is to it, works perfectly. 

• Upvote 1

Up, 

Just bought a new wireless headset, and I dont know if it is the Last update or new headset but I cant hear atc on it, all the sound came from the speaker, 

I tried to set the headset as défault communication device but that dont change anything 

Am I missing something ? 

Thanks