Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

File structure ...? where does it install ?

can anyone tell me where does the sim install... I am most interested in MS Store version.. i believe steam will install in directories buried deep in appdata/roaming/stam games/common/app/word not allowed/morecrap/game/nonotyet/heremaybe etc....

gone are the days of C:\FSX\..........  or c:\p3d\.......  or even c:\xplane11\ ...?

now it installs in example C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts|FS2020... well you get my point...

do you get the choose in Microsoft store version where does it install, can you post your path.. or is it like i said buried somewhere heck knows where with files spread out over various directories....

anyone who has p3d or fsx or even xpalne will know what i am talking about

Edited by AndyCYXU

Mine is all on my D drive checked my C drive before install and deleted temp files before install, C drive capacity has not changed it only places a few files in C / users/name/Appdata/ local /Microsoft/ WindowsApps.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I also bought from the Microsoft Store. Installation was a breeze. At the beginning it's going to ask you, on which drive you want it to be installed, I also have my one on drive D

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

When i purchased it asked then, i put the pre-install folders on my D drive, then pointed the full install to the folders and it installed on D. 

Go to settings\ Apps\ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ left click it show 2 boxes, Move and Uninstall.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I will be installing on drive C:\ as this PC is only for the sim, i am just hoping it will let me install simply in c:\FlightSIm.. (for example), and not C:\users\user\etc\etc\etc  well except for few files as you have mentioned, this happened even p3d installs some stuff in these userr\appdata\et\etc  directories

I don’t think anyone really knows...

Been trying to exempt the folder and .exe file from windows defender and make exemptions for them in the firewall but it’s an impossible task tracking it down!!!

I believe that a lot of stutters may be fixed by using the above exemptions when online and downloading constant data as you fly!

• Like 1

Chris Camp