Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

CTD on Startup

Hey everyone,

I was flying all last night and really got it dialed in.     This morning, I booted it up to take a quick flight and Im getting a CTD on startup.  

Its happening at the exact same time. After I "press any key"  it will go to the first loading screen, then "check for updates, then go to the second loading screen... get about 3/4s of the way loaded, then crash.   

Its happened 3x now in the exact same spot.  The only difference from last night is I created a rolling and manual cache before I went to bed and dropped a pretty big manual download of KPDX in the manual cache.  

Anyone else having this issue or know what it may be? 

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem this morning with it crashing at the press any key screen. I found deleting my manual cache and rolling cache fixed it and it started after that.  Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, JughedJones said:

Hey everyone,

I was flying all last night and really got it dialed in.     This morning, I booted it up to take a quick flight and Im getting a CTD on startup.  

Its happening at the exact same time. After I "press any key"  it will go to the first loading screen, then "check for updates, then go to the second loading screen... get about 3/4s of the way loaded, then crash.   

Its happened 3x now in the exact same spot.  The only difference from last night is I created a rolling and manual cache before I went to bed and dropped a pretty big manual download of KPDX in the manual cache.  

Anyone else having this issue or know what it may be? 

Thanks in advance

look at their foumns.  countless topics on it.  then when you go to helpcentre its says "we do not have access to windows store"  

good little get out clause that 

v63vq9-5.png

45 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

look at their foumns.  countless topics on it.  then when you go to helpcentre its says "we do not have access to windows store"  

good little get out clause that 

Thanks for the response. 

I figured it out.   There was another thread about CTDs on Avsim that sorted me. 

I forgot I monkeyed around with my GPU overclock last night.    I just set it back to default and I was back in the air.  

Thanks again.