I bought one of these hoping to use it for view controls... but the programmable keys are not being registered reliably by MSFS 2020.  Anyone else have a programmable key pad?  Is it playing nicely with MSFS?  

PK-2068_I.jpg

Edited by Virtual-Chris

I've got the same problem with a Logitech G13 keypad. MSFS2020 shows the G13 in the Controls section but does not register any key presses, it works perfectly though in P3D.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

14 hours ago, wardp said:

I've got the same problem with a Logitech G13 keypad. MSFS2020 shows the G13 in the Controls section but does not register any key presses, it works perfectly though in P3D.

Thanks. I was thinking of looking at a different key pad, but it sounds like that won’t help. 

Sorry I can't help, but following this thread as I also need to find something to use for views....as I don't have a POV hat switch on my re-worked joystick

10 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Sorry I can't help, but following this thread as I also need to find something to use for views....as I don't have a POV hat switch on my re-worked joystick

Update...

I found my most often needed keys are ATC and some view controls. 

Using any num pad like the one I have above, you can use the numbers (numlock on) for ATC and then use some of the other keys (numlock off) for view controls. Then you can use the numlock button to toggle between modes. It’s not ideal as key 5 is not usable with numlock off, for example, but most others can be used. 

I’m going to keep looking for a better programable keypad and see what I can find. Meanwhile, if anyone else finds a good candidate, please share. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys

I need the same thing.  I bought a USB keypad like the first picture shows, but my computer just "sees" it as an extension of my existing keyboard.  I see that Amazon has some gaming programmable keypads that are relatively inexpensive.  Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Update...

I found my most often needed keys are ATC and some view controls. 

Using any num pad like the one I have above, you can use the numbers (numlock on) for ATC and then use some of the other keys (numlock off) for view controls. Then you can use the numlock button to toggle between modes. It’s not ideal as key 5 is not usable with numlock off, for example, but most others can be used. 

I’m going to keep looking for a better programable keypad and see what I can find. Meanwhile, if anyone else finds a good candidate, please share. 

Glad that works for you chris, In my case though it wont help, I need an actual hat switch, Flight Sim wont allow mapping that function to keys