Sign in to follow this  
bszuch

KLAS to KPHX in A320...What a Difference from Alpha

Just had an absolutely wonderful full planned IFR flight from KLAS to KPHX including departure and arrival along with ILS landing.  The A320's AP didn't miss a beat. I flew the Aerosoft Bus in P3D, and actually used the fuel planner and checklist from it in this planes planning and flight.  Miss some of the detail of the switches, but all the major items are included and worked well.  Still the slightest of side to side sway at cruise, but nothing like the Alpha / Beta where I like many routinely stated that the plane's AP was trying to kill me.  I'm on a relatively low level machine = 4820 i7, 16 gb ram, 1080 ti, and performance was smooth, with a bit of frame loss on KPHX approach, but still manageable.  Just want to say how this is only going to get better with each update.  A big thanks to Asobo/MS for all they've done and will do, and looking forward to 3PD birds from FSL and PMDG.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bszuch said:

Just had an absolutely wonderful full planned IFR flight from KLAS to KPHX including departure and arrival along with ILS landing.  The A320's AP didn't miss a beat. I flew the Aerosoft Bus in P3D, and actually used the fuel planner and checklist from it in this planes planning and flight.  Miss some of the detail of the switches, but all the major items are included and worked well.  Still the slightest of side to side sway at cruise, but nothing like the Alpha / Beta where I like many routinely stated that the plane's AP was trying to kill me.  I'm on a relatively low level machine = 4820 i7, 16 gb ram, 1080 ti, and performance was smooth, with a bit of frame loss on KPHX approach, but still manageable.  Just want to say how this is only going to get better with each update.  A big thanks to Asobo/MS for all they've done and will do, and looking forward to 3PD birds from FSL and PMDG.

Out of the airliners the 320neo is the one that has given me the least amount of issues. 

The A320 is an absolute dog to land with all that nose swaying. That's not at all realistic for something with the inertia of an aeroplane which weighs at least 38 tons when landing, and it's even more inappropriate for a 787 and 747.

It's a problem with the little aeroplanes too. They really should not be swaying around as much as they do. The only aeroplanes which tend to do that (sometimes) are gliders with their light weight, very long and high aspect ratio wings which are prone to adverse yaw, and no prop pulling them straight ahead. But even then when you get some speed on in a glider, they don't wander about like they do in the sim because they have a very small frontal area which gives them good penetration, especially if you put some negative flaps on them. But of course we don't have a glider in the sim.

Hopefully this effect will be toned down a bit; it's certainly something they need to do for the airliners. If Asobo manage that, and I'm sure they will, then it will be a very good flight sim, but at the moment that over the top swaying from a central moment of pivot, is spoiling what is otherwise a very good simulator.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Out of the airliners the 320neo is the one that has given me the least amount of issues. 

Its the only one besides the 747 that we actually tested, and even the 747 had less than half of the time

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero