Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How well does TrackIR work in the new sim?

On 9/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Even though I get 40-50 FPS the TrackIr movements are very stuttery. In P3D, with the same FPS, the movements are smooth and, how would I describe it, in real-time, but in MSFS I get stutters when looking around and the movements itself lag a little. Anybody else have the same experience?

That's probably not due to TrackIR. It's probably the known window focus issue. If you alt-tab to something like a small window explorer so you can still see the sim does the movement go completely smooth? If yes there's a few things you can try to do such as using Project Lasso (search the forum), turning off the Xbox Game Bar in Windows, etc. that should help with this.

Never used TrackIR, I look silly enough in front of my rig and wearing things stuck to my head never appealed.

I took a punt on a £10 app called Smoothtrack which uses the camera on my iPhone 7, nothing stuck to my head and it works a treat!  Honestly can't believe how good it works!

Thomas Derbyshire

10 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

That's probably not due to TrackIR. It's probably the known window focus issue. If you alt-tab to something like a small window explorer so you can still see the sim does the movement go completely smooth? If yes there's a few things you can try to do such as using Project Lasso (search the forum), turning off the Xbox Game Bar in Windows, etc. that should help with this.

I am using Process Lasso, I already turned off Game bar and did all the things various manuals I bought suggest.