Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Frustration with ATC Pop-out Disabling Controls

In the interest of a more immersive experience, I've got a smaller second display, below my main display (atop my Honeycomb) - a 12" 1080p touch screen. I though it might be a perfect addition to my cockpit.

I was hoping my touch screen would allow me to interact with the ATC menu... it does not.  It appears that the touch panel is seen as an unsupported controller by MSFS and is not functional.

So the only other option is to use the mouse or keyboard to select options on the 2nd monitor pop-out - but as soon as you move focus to the 2nd screen, ALL CONTROLS go dead on the main screen which can disrupt your taxi or flight.

Any thoughts on a solution to this?  The only thing I can think of is to keep the ATC pop-out on the main screen which is visually disruptive.

This is ergonomically frustrating.  Ugh!

Edited by Virtual-Chris

Just for the record, the best solution I’ve found is to use the keyboard to interact with ATC. The pop-out window can still be on the touch screen but since I can’t interact using touch, I’ll use the keyboard shortcuts. At least that doesn’t change focus from the main display like using the mouse does... and keeps all flight controls intact. 

• Upvote 1

I resorted to just leaving it all in the main screen not popped out. For now at least. Reason is I noticed as soon as you pop something out, ATC or a gauge etc, it drops a few FPS. Could turn into an issue if pushing low FPS with a tube liner landing or taking off at a dense airport in heavy weather

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro