Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I uninstall ORBX LOWI and reinstall?

OK. Here is is my setup.

C:Drive is OS Win 10 only (512 GB)

D Drive for MSFS Installed (2 TB) 

E Drive available and its currently Empty (1 TB)

I have installed MSFS2020 in D Drive. When I installed Orbx Central, it went to C drive and when I installed LOWI, I thought it asked me for a drive but defaulted to C. (Am I wrong in thinking that it gave me an option for LOWI?).

But when I go to LOWI within the sim I do not see the Orbx LOWI. I still see the default only. In ORBX Centtral it shows LOWI as installed.

1) How do I uninstall LOWI? 

2) Do I have to completely uninstall ORBX Central from C drive?

3) How do I install ORBX Add ons in either E Drive or D drive if I cannot install in E Drive?

Thanks

Manny

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think there is post over on Orbx forums to the effect that Microsoft Store cannot see Orbx installs and vice versa ie Orbx Central can see MSFS2020

However Orbx scenery is installed successfully 
Puzzed me for a bit because the Orbx Airports appeared to be successfully in place
xxd09

PS I went looking for where the Orbx scenery was installed

I opted to install Orbx directly into MSFS2020 but could not find it-maybe someone else could help here

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

When you ran MSFS for the first time it told you it needed to install 90GB and asked you where you wanted that installed. You pointed it somewhere. For me, that was E:\MSFS.

In that folder, wherever you put that 90GB, there is a folder called Official and a folder called Community.

In the Community folder is where all non-Asobo scenery packages are.

There's a folder for each scenery add-on in that Community folder. Uninstalling is as simple as removing that folder.

Installing is as simple as putting the folder back.

In Orbx Central, though, I'm 99% sure there's an option to uninstall by navigating to the product in the 'My Products' folder.

If you don't want to install Orbx products on the same drive, you can use Central to create a new "Library" for your MSFS products on another drive. Then, when you install, Central will put the files into that Library (If you select "Install into Library") and then will create a symbolic link in the MSFS Community Folder to the library location, so the MSFS can still see that scenery package.

To test, I installed some of my Orbx products into a Library and some directly into sim.

None of these show in the marketplace OR in the Content Manager, but they do appear in sim.

This is an item that needs work from Asobo - the Content Manager needs to show Community content as well...as a way to ensure it is appearing properly in sim...

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

This is all I see in D Drive where I have installed MSFS2020. the whole 2TB SSD has occupied 110K GB so far.n  I do not see official or community folder.

https://ibb.co/3MmHb63

Manny

https://ibb.co/pKKCn2H

This is my Orbx installed scenery. There is no "Uninstall". And see the horrible folder path where it has default installed.

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\orbx-airport-lowi-innsbruck

Edited by Manny

Manny

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

https://ibb.co/pKKCn2H

This is my Orbx installed scenery. There is no "Uninstall". And see the horrible folder path where it has default installed.

Go to that directory and see if it's in a community folder and, if so, is there an official folder next to community.

That may have been the default directory.

It looks to me like you installed the original 1GB app from the store on your D drive, but when you launched MSFS the first time and it asked to download the 90GB, you didn't change the target and it went to the default location which is in the appdata folder.

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

There it is.

What a mess. How do I fix it? Do I uninstall everything? If I had initially installed in D Drive when I downloaded the 90GB package, why does it have to ask me where to install when it could have gotten it from the registry?

Sheesh!

Manny

This is confusing as hell.

I see it "Official" folder in D drive as well

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1592626051-3547594955-2787825784-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Manny

Just now, Manny said:

This is confusing as hell.

I see it "Official" folder in D drive as well

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1592626051-3547594955-2787825784-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Test something for me...

Copy the Orbx LOWI folder from its location on C to the Community folder in your D drive...let's see if that gets LOWI to show up for you.

Then we can figure out what to do about the bigger problem. My advice would probably be (as miserable as it sounds) to totally uninstall and delete all traces of MSFS and start again making sure everything goes to D. Create a folder on your D drive called MSFS and point everything there.

It doesn't allow me to copy the "community" folder or the Orbx folder within that over to the D Drive in the similar location. but the size of both the Orbx folders are around 3GB in both locations

Manny

Let me uninstall ORBX and MSFS and start all over again.

Manny

I am not sure if I am still doing it right.

I uninstalled the ORBX central, and the MSFS

I installed the MSFS from the store and I changed the install directory to the D drive (root)

and it installed there

when I started MSFS, it asked me for the folder it needed to download. This time I said D Drive Root. But it said, it needed a folder. So I created a new subfolder MSFS and its installing in D:\MSFS.

Is this right?

https://ibb.co/1bx77Y0

Manny

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am not sure if I am still doing it right.

I uninstalled the ORBX central, and the MSFS

I installed the MSFS from the store and I changed the install directory to the D drive (root)

and it installed there

when I started MSFS, it asked me for the folder it needed to download. This time I said D Drive Root. But it said, it needed a folder. So I created a new subfolder MSFS and its installing in D:\MSFS.

Is this right?

Looks the same as mine. The community folder should be in the MSFS folder.

• Like 1

Yes it is

So what is in the other folders when it installed the app not the content (90GB)?

Edited by Manny

Manny