Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Selecting the gender voice for your avatar pilot?!?!!?

If you're not using Azure, then the voices are going to be based on your Windows settings:

1. Search for "speech" in the Windows 10 search bar

2. Select "Speech Settings"

3.  Under Voices, choose a different voice.

I'm actually having an opposite dilemma than you.  I use Azure and wish I could get a female voice to go along with my female pilot!  If anyone has a female voice using Azure, please let me know !

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Katelynmeow said:

If you're not using Azure, then the voices are going to be based on your Windows settings:

1. Search for "speech" in the Windows 10 search bar

2. Select "Speech Settings"

3.  Under Voices, choose a different voice.

I'm actually having an opposite dilemma than you.  I use Azure and wish I could get a female voice to go along with my female pilot!  If anyone has a female voice using Azure, please let me know !

OH, I can't wait to get home and try this fix out!  I have the issue where my pilot model is male but my voice is female and its driving me crazy.  I'm also using the Offline ATC mode due to the online setting not talking at all half the time.

Didn't work for me.  The voice selected was already Microsoft David. I changed it then changed it back. I still only get a female pilot voice on ATC.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aniiran said:

Didn't work for me.  The voice selected was already Microsoft David. I changed it then changed it back. I still only get a female pilot voice on ATC.

Yep, just tried the fix Kate posted but mine was already set to Microsoft Mark.  I still get a female voice for my pilot in the game.  😟

Can we use Siri's voice? ahahahah, I'm joking.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU