Sign in to follow this  
Alixe

In flight, Escape key does not allow me to exit the simu

Hello,

When I'm in flight in (MSFS) and I need to stop this flight, the 'esc' key does not work.
On the other hand in the lobby of the various menus I can leave a menu 'esc' is ok.

I did not find any 'item' exit in the keyboard shortcuts!
I have a keyboard: Fr Azerty

And I also have other racs that don't work:

- Restart part = key 'origin' = it does not work and even if I put another shortcut!
-Restart free flight same problem.

Thanks for your help.

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

Okay, but it's not a very normal closing mode, and that's what I do!
but when I have to restart the sim, I have a desktop return, and I sometimes have to restart the sim twice for MSFS to deign to launch correctly.

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

Alixe,

I had the same problem. Messed around with keyboard profile and somewhere along the line I dropped the ESC function for getting back while in flight, or in other words I should of left the keyboard alone!!

What worked for me was, get to your keyboard set-up screen (under Options and select Controls) and select Keyboard. I then selected the Reset to Defaults and that fixed it. Now, if you have special profiles then you will have to deal with those and I am not sure how to save groups of profiles for later use.

Reset to Defaults for Keyboard should get you back on track.

• Like 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Great your intervention, I followed your advice, and now I have all my menus that I missed, phew that frees me from a really very disturbing problem.
  A thousand times thank you.

• Like 2

Your very welcome, I know the sinking feeling of "oh no, what did I do now!"😲

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

On 8/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, w9nwrwi said:

Alixe,

I had the same problem. Messed around with keyboard profile and somewhere along the line I dropped the ESC function for getting back while in flight, or in other words I should of left the keyboard alone!!

What worked for me was, get to your keyboard set-up screen (under Options and select Controls) and select Keyboard. I then selected the Reset to Defaults and that fixed it. Now, if you have special profiles then you will have to deal with those and I am not sure how to save groups of profiles for later use.

Reset to Defaults for Keyboard should get you back on track.

How can I do this with no escape key?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”