Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

Unsolved stuttering: how many we are?

I had stutters until this morning. I read about this tweak:*BufferPools* * are square bracketsPoolSize=5000000Placed it into my .config file, fired up FSX and no more stutters in turns, whether from the cockpit, or via SPOT VIEW.SeriouslyPent 3.4 Prescott 1 Gig (at present) 533 MHz DDRATI 256 meg X800XTNo stutters with the above applied. Stutter galore before the tweak.Mitch R.

Guest Redvan

bufferpools did nothin for me... I'm gona be trying reduced textures next... nothin else seemed to work... but then i should try the graphics card settings metioned above...

After having no stutters at all-I suddenly started getting them last night. I defragged my drive-and they not only went away but the performance improved considerably. Just an idea if you haven't tried it-I plan to defrag much more aggresively now then I used to after experiencing this.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Same here Mitch. With an X800 card the poolsize addition worked wonders.

Guest Redvan

think it'd frag even having not installed or done anything to it? I could try... but that seems like strange occurance...currently my lappy is booting up... been booting up all night... lol... talk about strange occurances... 2nd time it's done this... I installed CPU-Z (which wasn't really an install, just an unzip to a folder and it runs...) but yeah... I'll have to see what's happenin with it when i get home from classes...

Still stuttering... after:- disk defrag- direct x last update (october 2006)- a lot of video card different settings- several experiments with .cfg (poolsize, fiber frame, texture... etc, etc: best result - little less stuttering - with PoolSize=200000, FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1 and TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10)- texture replacemente (www.fox-fam.com)- process priority & cpu affinitynote: Autogen off, ever.spec:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400ABIT MB AB9SAPPHIRE X1900GT 256MB2X1GB DDR2 Corsair PC5400Hard Disk Hitachi 250GB S-ATA2Windows XP-SP2... halloween nightmare ...

Igor Bischi