Sign in to follow this  
jfri

FSX crashes my whole system if I use a second monitor

If I try to start a free flight with a two monitor setup my whole system hangs up and I need to physically press the reset button. IN FS9 no problem with dual monitor setup. I have mailed the tell fs MS a couple of week ago and havnt received any answers.AMD 64 3200+Nividia palit 6600GT 256M DDR31 Gb 400 MHzSamsung 940B TFT & Fujitso Siemens CRT

What version of DirectX are you using?Do you still Have FS9 installed? If so, does the two monitor setup still work?Will FX run if you go to a one monitor setup?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello,What drivers are you running, in Full screen or windowed mode, same resolution in video card and in FS X?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

>If I try to start a free flight with a two monitor setup my>whole system hangs up and I need to physically press the reset>button. IN FS9 no problem with dual monitor setup. I have>mailed the tell fs MS a couple of week ago and havnt received>any answers.>>AMD 64 3200+>Nividia palit 6600GT 256M DDR3>1 Gb 400 MHz>Samsung 940B TFT & Fujitso Siemens CRTi had the same problemthe fix is as followsenable only one monitor to startthen open FSX and when it loads switch it over to windowed modethen close FSXnow enable 2 monitors and open FSX and you should be able to use 2 monitorsBo

Bo Klop

>What version of DirectX are you using?>9.0c>Do you still Have FS9 installed? If so, does the two monitor>setup still work?>Yes work with FS9>Will FX run if you go to a one monitor setup?Yes

>Hello,>What drivers are you running, in Full screen or windowed mode,>same resolution in video card and in FS X?Nvidia 8421 drivers. Full screen. And yes same resolution in vif card as in FSX

Guest tmilton

I had the same problem. I tried a number of steps which didn't help. But when I updated my video card drivers to the latest Nvidia forceware version 91.47, and that completely solved the problem. It seems the latest drivers from Nvidia fixed some prior issues with FSX.

>>If I try to start a free flight with a two monitor setup my>>whole system hangs up and I need to physically press the>reset>>button. IN FS9 no problem with dual monitor setup. I have>>mailed the tell fs MS a couple of week ago and havnt>received>>any answers.>>>>AMD 64 3200+>>Nividia palit 6600GT 256M DDR3>>1 Gb 400 MHz>>Samsung 940B TFT & Fujitso Siemens CRT>>i had the same problem>the fix is as follows>enable only one monitor to start>then open FSX and when it loads switch it over to windowed>mode>then close FSX>now enable 2 monitors and open FSX and you should be able to>use 2 monitorsThat won't work. As soon as I switch back to full screen the system crashes. This time I got an error message 'the nv4_disp' driver has ceased to function properly.In FS9 it works fine in fulscreen so why not in FSX? And I don't wan't to run it in windowed mode.

>I had the same problem. I tried a number of steps which>didn't help. But when I updated my video card drivers to the>latest Nvidia forceware version 91.47, and that completely>solved the problem. It seems the latest drivers from Nvidia>fixed some prior issues with FSX.If I use the latest nvidia driver I won't see any planes in the preflight windows. I havebeen told that they are not suitable for the 6600 series of cards.