Sign in to follow this  
Arrashona

Constant Excessive Heading Indicator Drift

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but my heading indicator constantly drifts to the point I can pause the plane and watch it move.  This has to be be more than simple gyro drift.  In fact, I tried turning on the gyro drift auto calibration to see if that changed anything, but it made no difference.

At first I thought it might have to do with the controls.  I  am running with a Honeycomb Alpha yoke, a Thrustmaster throttle and rudder peddles.  I also have a Thrustmaster G1000 stick as well as TrackIR. 

Today I unplugged ALL of the controls and ran with only a keyboard and mouse (I even had TrackIR shut down).  After verifying in the control settings that it only detected the keyboard and mouse, I loaded up a saved flight 3,000 feet up in a Cessna 152.  Lo and behold, the course heading was still visibly moving all on its own, even while I had the simulation in pause mode.  I hit the D key to reset the heading and it jumped back to correct and then started visibly wandering off all on its own again.

I have been thoroughly enjoying the sim, but it is to the point where I can't trust my heading indicator at all.  I have had it lead me astray doing something as simple as a single circuit.

Has anyone else come across this issue?  Are there any known corrections or workarounds?  I am finding it quite frustrating.

Thanks!

Matt

• Like 1

That’s hilarious because I haven’t even been able to independently verify that gyroscopic drift / precession is actually happening. I don’t even know if I’ve ever had to adjust my heading indicator aside from maybe a 1° adjustment before I take off...

I would take that to the problems with heading that I see.  Still haven't gotten this one figured out.

Matt

Not trying to be that guy , but if you get time think this would be a good bug to report to zendesk , with event viewer logs and maybe a video or something. 

I've had the same problem too with the 152. Have to continuously push the D key. Was hoping this would be fixed in the patch update, obviously it wasnt.