Sign in to follow this  
tfm

CTD fix

In case it works for anyone else:

I have unpaired my Bluetooth Microsoft Surface Curve Keyboard and Precision Mouse, and substituted a wired USB mouse and keyboard.

Before: random CTD always within about 60 mins.

Now: about 5 hours so far without any CTD.

This is interesting. I wondered if my wireless mouse going to sleep was creating an issue. Hmmm maybe I will buy a wired mouse. Interesting. 

9 hours ago, jpe828 said:

This is interesting. I wondered if my wireless mouse going to sleep was creating an issue. Hmmm maybe I will buy a wired mouse. Interesting. 

Yes it might be related to, or a symptom of, the acknowledged bug which crashes the sim when connecting or disconnecting peripherals. How anything this elemental got past alpha beats me. 

The only CTD I had where when I forgot to "wake up" my Logitech wireless controller before launching the sim.

If I either take care to "wake up" it before or make sure not to activate it after launching the sim no CTD.

So I guess you are right and the incoming patch will probably resolve these issues.

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

In the music DAW environment, it is always recommended to ensure that USB port power management is set to prevent the system from powering down any attached devices, otherwise similar things happen. Might be something to check. 

For an old brain who is not very computer literate what is the music DAW environment, and how does one set about changing USB port power management? An explanation in layman's language would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks is advance.