Sign in to follow this  
CaptainPOJ

B787 Transponder Issues

Is it just me or anybody else experiencing transponder issues when asked by ATC to squawk? Now ATC terminates service since i cannot verify squawk lol..

PICTURE

Edited by CaptainPOJ

4 minutes ago, PabloC said:

TA/RA is for the TCAS not the transponder?

Sorry my bad. Edited it. But anyways. When ATC tells me to squawk 7027, i type it on the transponder and nothing happens then ATC will ask to verify again about squawking and then he terminates the service since i cannot squawk lol.

just tried and you're right, we can't change transponder mode...
but don't waste your time on this plane, it's a word not allowed, nothing is working.

Edited by PabloC

On a related note, does anyone know how to set the transponder on the TBM?  I've searched everywhere and cant find it.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

On a related note, does anyone know how to set the transponder on the TBM?  I've searched everywhere and cant find it.

Thanks

btw, top right corner of any TSC

10 minutes ago, PabloC said:

hijack is bad my friend.

Sorry, I thought you had concluded your discussion.  BTW, what's a TSC?

I'm having the same problem with the CJ4. I can enter the code but there doesn't seem to be any way to change modes. The button seems to be on the Yoke itself but there is no way to interact with it. Luckily, even after they cancel your IFR, you can just re-request IFR until they cancel again over and over again. 😛

On 8/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, CaptainPOJ said:

Is it just me or anybody else experiencing transponder issues when asked by ATC to squawk? Now ATC terminates service since i cannot verify squawk lol..

PICTURE

On 8/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, PabloC said:

just tried and you're right, we can't change transponder mode...
but don't waste your time on this plane, it's a word not allowed, nothing is working.

A temporary work around is just before requesting IFR clearance, switch the AI Control to Manage Radio Comms. The AI Copilot sets the transponder. After read back either switch off AI control off or leave it on.

Edited by Traveler Ray
typo
  • Like 1

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

On 8/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, CaptainPOJ said:

Sorry my bad. Edited it. But anyways. When ATC tells me to squawk 7027, i type it on the transponder and nothing happens then ATC will ask to verify again about squawking and then he terminates the service since i cannot squawk lol.

Did you try selecting the acknoedge clearance option in the atc menu?  That sets the transponder code and mode automatically for me.