Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Pause/Autopilot

I've noticed that if I'm flying and using the autopilot, doesn't seem to matter which plane, that if I put the sim in pause when I come back the plane is completely uncontrollable and crashes after about 5 minutes of trying to recover. Anyone else having the problem or have I got something set up wrong, thanks! 

John Snyder Jr

Just now, John Snyder Jr said:

Anyone else having the problem or have I got something set up wrong, thanks! 

Hello

Not the answer You are looking for, but Most Everyone is having the same problem.
Please report it to the Zendesk. (the more bug reports, the better chance we have to get them fixed.)

Try this: Go into the Keyboard settings, set the Filter to "ALL"  and search for "pause." Under the Miscellaneous heading, you'll see "SET PAUSE OFF and "SET PAUSE ON." This is different from Active Pause and it's not bound to anything in the default profiles.

I set "p" for SET PAUSE ON and "shift p" for SET PAUSE OFF (annoying that it isn't a toggle), but you can use anything you want that doesn't conflict with something else you need. Save as a new Keyboard Profile. 

I haven't tested this extensively with anything but AP On (wing leveler), Altitude Hold, and Heading Hold with the Cessna autopilot, but it doesn't seem to throw the AP into fits when the sim is paused and then un-paused a few minutes later.

NOTE: This version of pause does not allow any control inputs or instrument manipulation, so it's best used for taking photos (the drone camera still works in this mode) or stepping away from the computer for a while.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

Hello

Not the answer You are looking for, but Most Everyone is having the same problem.
Please report it to the Zendesk. (the more bug reports, the better chance we have to get them fixed.)

Thanks Ramon, I figured as much 😞

John Snyder Jr

Dont use active pause but  "pause on/off" all problems solved !

pau.jpg