Sign in to follow this  
Rasta_Dude

Mod-installation doesn't work

Hello,

I hope all of you can enjoy the new simulator, I preordered the Premium Deluxe edition on MS Store. So I can't say something really bad about the new sim but why I'm a little bit worried is because of the planes itself, especially the airliners. For me too many knobs aren't working so I found out about the A32NX project and downloaded version 0.1.1 on GitHub and I don't know why but I can't get mods working in my sim, they don't even show up in the menu (correctly). In videos I saw that you only have to copy the A32NX folder into the following path: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community but when I do so and start the sim I still have the default A320 neo with the IRS overhead switches not working for example, so I looked into the content manager and still found no new package (or used wrong letters for searching?).

I also found 'AI traffic liveries' on Nexus Mods, copied the 'AITrafficAirlinerTwinEngineLiveries' folder and started the sim. Now I have a Generic Airliner plane under Aircraft selection but no new liveries for the AI traffic, they still look the same.

Does someone know how the "modding system" works in MSFS? I've already checked that my community folder is defined correctly, actually I left everything on default for installation (no path changed, etc).

Thanks!

Adrian

Edited by Rasta_Dude

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

For the A320 did you make sure you got the right package file?  GitHub can be a bit confusing if you are not used to it and I saw another user was downloading the source code files and not the actual compiled mods.

For the livery make sure there is not a nested tier to the folder that seems to be a common issue especially if you are like me and unzip all your downloads to the filename folder of the zip file first.

Thank you! I've checked my folders, but all seems correct to me. I copied the folder as it's described on the mod site.

For the A320 I made everything like in this video:

Don't understand this behavior. What I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Rasta_Dude

Same for me I installed exactly as on the video but mod doesn't work!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

57 minutes ago, Rasta_Dude said:

Hello,

I hope all of you can enjoy the new simulator, I preordered the Premium Deluxe edition on MS Store. So I can't say something really bad about the new sim but why I'm a little bit worried is because of the planes itself, especially the airliners. For me too many knobs aren't working so I found out about the A32NX project and downloaded version 0.1.1 on GitHub and I don't know why but I can't get mods working in my sim, they don't even show up in the menu (correctly). In videos I saw that you only have to copy the A32NX folder into the following path: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community but when I do so and start the sim I still have the default A320 neo with the IRS overhead switches not working for example, so I looked into the content manager and still found no new package (or used wrong letters for searching?).

I also found 'AI traffic liveries' on Nexus Mods, copied the 'AITrafficAirlinerTwinEngineLiveries' folder and started the sim. Now I have a Generic Airliner plane under Aircraft selection but no new liveries for the AI traffic, they still look the same.

Does someone know how the "modding system" works in MSFS? I've already checked that my community folder is defined correctly, actually I left everything on default for installation (no path changed, etc).

Thanks!

Adrian

Exactly the same issue for me. I installed liveries in the same folder and they are all visible but not that mod!

Here is package I used

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a320neo/releases/tag/0.1.1

Edited by sd_flyer

Just got the file to give it a shot.  Yeah I just dropped the A32NX folder from the source code zip file into the community folder and it worked.  Do you have a screenshot of your folder we could see just to make sure it looks good?  The folder and then inside the mod folder?

Edited by pjs37

I think the "stable release" doesn't have the IRS switches working yet.  A quick way to check if you have the mod working at all is if any of the following ECAM pages work when you click the appropriate button.....

Added APU ECAM page

Added Door ECAM page

Added Bleed ECAM page placeholder

I've been running the dev releases though since I started and haven't noticed anything game breaking yet.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I'm sorry, I have to apologize, the ECAM pages are working as they should in the new A32NX mod. It confused me because in the video at 05:03 min. you can see that he is using the IRS switches but in the video description I could read following now: "Do be aware that I am using a dev branch version of the project in this video. This includes the ADIRS and Seatbelt Sign, but do be aware that this version is potentially more prone to crashing."

I assume that the A32NX will overwrite the original model in the sim.

The fact that the AI traffic liveries aren't working might be a problem with the mod itself or the installation description is to inaccurate for me.

Thanks all for your help!

@sd_flyer Could you get it working? My path structure with the mod looks like this: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\A32NX

Inside the A32NX folder should be another 3 folders (for example SimObjects folder) and 3 files.

45 minutes ago, Rasta_Dude said:

I'm sorry, I have to apologize, the ECAM pages are working as they should in the new A32NX mod. It confused me because in the video at 05:03 min. you can see that he is using the IRS switches but in the video description I could read following now: "Do be aware that I am using a dev branch version of the project in this video. This includes the ADIRS and Seatbelt Sign, but do be aware that this version is potentially more prone to crashing."

I assume that the A32NX will overwrite the original model in the sim.

The fact that the AI traffic liveries aren't working might be a problem with the mod itself or the installation description is to inaccurate for me.

Thanks all for your help!

@sd_flyer Could you get it working? My path structure with the mod looks like this: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\A32NX

Inside the A32NX folder should be another 3 folders (for example SimObjects folder) and 3 files.

Thank you. Now I think it works because based on the video I assumed that ADIRS and Seatbelt should work as well!

Try the following.

1.Make sure you have no flights saved in The A320

2.load a different plane and make sure It's parked and shut down

3 restart the sim and select A320 makeSure it's parked and shut down

4 add the new files and reload sim Thats how I got mine to work

Make sure otto the copilot does not takeOver cause he quickly startseverything up.

Edited by Bigsby

On 9/2/2020 at 10:34 PM, Rasta_Dude said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Adrian

I have a problem like this, when i download a mod i put it in the community folder and it does not work

18 hours ago, LulzPlayz said:

I have a problem like this, when i download a mod i put it in the community folder and it does not work

How to find your community folder

Edited by _Patrol