Sign in to follow this  
oafp

Flight Simulator 2020 Planes don't take off

Planes don't take off
In the last flights, I was in the header checking radio navigation frequencies, then I disconnected the parking brake, applied power and the plane stayed still, the speed began to increase but the aircraft did not move an inch, the high speed alarm sounded , and I do not take off. I had to reset the Simulator and it can take off.
All that takes a long time, it happens to all the planes that I have tested A320, TBM, Cirrus, Citation. I wait on the runway for a few minutes, it won't let me take off, but the speedometer does move, but not the plane.
Does anyone know how to fix this or what is happening.

Thank you
Octavio

I had the same problem during one flight yesterday in the SR22, but it seemed to clear itself up after a restart.

Are you sure you don't have some kind of brakes set like pedals that have the axis suddenly reversed? You could try to reset the axis if they aren't reversed by deleted the bind and rebinding it?

Thats the only thing I can think of...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

How are you releasing the hand brake? Are you using the key command or clicking on the gadget?

If you are using a lap top where the delete key is on the keypad, like mine you have to first make sure that NUM LOCK is off before the CTRL-DEL combination will work.

If you are clicking the gadget, make sure that before you click the the tool-tip says Release Brake, and not Set Brake. It is basically telling you what function a click will perform, not the current state of the gadget.

You’re in active pause mode. Press the “pause” key on your keyboard. If that doesn’t exist, look for the active pause key command in control settings.

Easy to tell because your speed is increasing without you moving.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

Thank you FlyingACessna for your kind attention, I do not understand so well this new FS .
I used to go to AvSim convention and there I can talk with the old  ACES Game Studio that made the old FS, so then explain me how to make shortcuts, tips, etc. but Asobo is pretty hard for me.
Yes the plane was frozzen but the airspeed increase so, that overspeed alarm started to sound. I know just a few thinks one is the brakes release, and with the break on the airspeed dont move. I have two FS more XPlane and DCS and since 2000 year I have bought all simulators Janes, CFS, DCS, PMDG and Microsoft. I am pilot but this is a really challenge for me, may be in a year after a los of updates, we can fly better.
Thank you again from Argentina.
Octavio

• Like 1

Have you tried setting and releasing the parking brakes several times? Also with ctrl-del? It happened to me several times that the brakes weren‘t released on the first attempt.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

It is Ok that FlyingInACessna said, also I can pause even flying. I dont understand why FS2020 pause all.

thanks a lot FlyingInACessna