Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

After Patch Update

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

Not the best test scenario because the bush flight challenge saves your position every minute, so you are having constant disk write cycles.which are sure to cause a brief hiccup unless you have an SSD.

That's an interesting idea. But see my post above. Granted, it's not the fastest CPU or motherboard, but everything working off of M.2 NVMe drives means one would expect to have minimal write issues and in any case the data that has to be saved (literally a couple of coordinate, altitude and flight condition numbers) is miniscule.

4 hours ago, Bottle said:

That's an interesting idea. But see my post above. Granted, it's not the fastest CPU or motherboard, but everything working off of M.2 NVMe drives means one would expect to have minimal write issues and in any case the data that has to be saved (literally a couple of coordinate, altitude and flight condition numbers) is miniscule.

4 core processors have a tough time with this simulator, especially if they don't support Hyperthreading.  My i5 7400 is quite susceptible to stutters when entering new areas and other instances where scenery is being loaded and the CPU has to process that data prior to sending it to the GPU.

For many, hyperthreading helps.  Your CPU appears to support it, but it might not be turned on in BIOS.  I'm getting an i7 7700 delivered today specifically for it's ability to hyperthread.  I didn't want to have to buy another MB.  People with the 8th and 9th Intel gen processors have more than 4 cores, so hyperthreading isn't as important for them.  (Which is a good thing since 8th and 9th gen i7's don't support it)

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 1

Yep, I have HT turned on. I'm hoping mention of stutter improvements in the Sept update indicates its origins are in the software and that the improvement gets me through to the new year when I hope to build a new PC with the newly released AMD CPU.