Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Interesting email from a 3rd party developer...

Guest n1g

I had sent Carenado an email requesting information on their future plans for new models for FSX. Below is their reply...... ****************************************************************Really still is not time for Fsx ...DON'T EXIST A MACHINE TO RUN CORRECTLY THIS SOFTWARE...may be with windows Vista ...DirectX 10 ...other video card (very expensive)...our compromise is with our customers...but too with the developement of new technology ...sadly we can't make a model with high FPS but a bad look...sorry ...you must wait for new technology to run FSX.*****************************************************************Even with their framerate friendly Aircraft it doesnt appear that they are comfortable with releasing an aircraft quite yet. You know you have to admire a company like this. They are really customer centric and do not wish to take a chance at this time.Gotta love it.RegardsBob Ginn

Pretty sad when a developer doesn't have a machine that gets decent performance to design with. The 206 runs great in FSX, no problems here with it or performance, hope they reconsider.Maybe they are one of the few that HAVE to have 50+ FPS at all times, LOLRegards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Carenados planes are the only ones Ive been able to get to run well in FSX. I wouldnt care if they make a FSX specific plane or not, since their stuff works well in FSX as is.I love their work BTW. Some of the best GA planes available!ROb

Guest Milton

>Pretty sad when a developer doesn't have a machine that gets>decent performance to design with. The 206 runs great in FSX,>no problems here with it or performance, hope they>reconsider.>>Maybe they are one of the few that HAVE to have 50+ FPS at all>times, LOL>>Regards, Michael>KDFWNot sure that is a requirement Mike. I've been developing for years on a computer that struggles to run FS9. It requires patience but I can say that if the new aircraft runs good for me, all of you should have no issues with it all. ;-)Any BTW, reports sent to me say our Howard 500, D18S, and Spartan run and look great in FSX.Milton Shupe

True Milton, it just seems to me that is the case since the quote mentions "not working correctly" and "can't make a model with high FPS but a bad look" when many are running FSX ok and Carenado's existing aircraft work fine, would love to be proven wrong. I would think a commercial developer would invest in good hardware.And yes, the Spartan flies very well in FSX, thanks! :-) Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Great news Milton:It will be next week before I install and crank up FSX, but the Howard 500 and D18S are two of my favorites. I am thrilled that I can continue to enjoy them with the new FS. Haven't tried the Spartan yet but will sure take a peek.Keep up the good work:Respectfully:RTH

>Not sure that is a requirement Mike. I've been developing for>years on a computer that struggles to run FS9. It requires>patience but I can say that if the new aircraft runs good for>me, all of you should have no issues with it all. ;-)>>Any BTW, reports sent to me say our Howard 500, D18S, and>Spartan run and look great in FSX.>>Milton Shupe>>I certainly agree with the quality of Carenado aircraft and look forward to their FSX versions. Milton,Thank you. The Beech at work near PAKT!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160218.jpg