Sign in to follow this  
xender

A few questions about flying with the 152

11 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

yes but the in-sim C152 in MSFS doesn't have such a thing (aileron trim), nor do I know of a c152 in real world that has such a thing. that's why I was asking. 

You can use keyboard (or joystick buttons, axis etc) to simulate aileron trim but doing so would be akin to using cheats, and not realistic. 

Anyways if you find it comfortable doing what you are doing, good for you. But if you wanna do it realistically, I suggest you unbind the aileron trim keys/axis, just like some people prefer to disable the in-sim VFR map.

Yes, you're right on that one. I did just that and unbinded all that.

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, xender said:

Yes, you're right on that one. I did just that and unbinded all that.

C152 IRL has a trim tab for the rudder but it's set by physically bending it on the external of the aircraft. I've seen conflicting reports here on the forums about whether this is something that can be done regularly (not sure how it is constructed and if too much bending will eventually snap it) but for flights where I choose to remove the passenger weight (causes a slight left-roll tendency from the off balance) I add a bit of rudder trim on the ground and then just don't touch it during flight

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

On 9/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, n4gix said:

Not all VOR stations have a co-located DME array, so even if your aircraft has a DME receiver, it won't do any good in such a case.

Correct.  But im seeing nothing on *any* facility that DOES have a co-located DME (both VOR and ILS).  I havent yet found a single one that works on specific A/C (C172 G530,C152 and others)