Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Kenobi

Anyone using AVG Antivirus and FSX on the same machine?

Guest mplyons

Just checking to see if anyone else is having issues with FSX running along side AVG Antivirus - it appeared that FSX over-wrote at least one critical DLL file used by AVG Antivirus.MikeAMD FX55, 2GB RAM, 160 GB SATA, 6800 Ultra, X-Fi

Guest Rick Baldwin

On my system, FSX and Avg co-exist on the same partition and I've had no problems.My only complaint with Avg is that sometimes it auto-updates while I'm in the middle of a flight and in the process interrupts the flight to tell me that it is updating. That's an annoyance.-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Guest jcomm

Well,I no longer use AVG free on my PC, I am now a NOD32 fan!Anyway, I used for quite a loooong time and never had any problems because, before starting FS, I allways kill the 3 AVG processes that remain in memory, including the one that starts auto-updates and another one that schedules disk scans sometimes and really slows down the system.There was yet another piece of software that I really had to give up using - SpySweeper. I have posted this info at the FSUIPC forum as per suggestion of Pete Dowson. Somethings that has to do with the new FSCONNECT framework. NOD32 is both anti-virus and anti-spam, as well as anti-malware, and at least it doesn't cause any stutters in FSX.

Guest slydon

Yes that can be annoying. I use both not seperated and works fine other than what you said about interupting.

Guest gulfstreamg100

Im running FSX along with AVG antivirus and Zonealarm..no problems here..Best Regards