Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

RNAV confusion - what don't I understand?

On 9/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, Bert Pieke said:
On 9/9/2020 at 8:24 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Often, with RNAV, I notice that the AP treats the lateral navigation like an ILS (swings to 30 degree intercept), but the vertical diamond often wont start moving until the last fix before the threshold. So if the FAF tells you to be at 3000 ft for intercept, but there is an intermediary fix between it and the runway at ie 1600ft, the glideslope diamond wont move until you pass that point. Until then it will show full deflection below or above. And then when it starts to move, usually the AP refuses to intercept the GS and I have to handfly it or adjust with VS. 

I see the same thing... that is clearly a bug in the current Asobo G1000 simulation.

I think it's the whole game as I also see it on the G5000 in the Longitude. I believe your theory is right because every runway where I've had problems has an intermediary fix after the FAF. Specifically at KBDL GPS Y RWY 6 and KCXY GPS RWY 8. Approaches without the intermediary fix work perfect.

Edited by Skippermark

The "system" can't activate vectors to final IF the RNAV even exists in the first place. What you have to do is do a full flight plan where the RNAV does exist in the flight planner and don't touch it after that.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD