Sign in to follow this  
ErikU

Installing FLT-Gauges into P3D

I have a new sim PC and am reinstalling everything (win 10).  When I try to install FLT gauges and I am supposed to choose the FSX install folder, I choose the correct P3D folder and I get the following error:  "xxxx  is not a valid Flight Simulator X folder.  Be sure to choose the folder where fsx.exe is located".  It doesn't matter what folder I try to use.

I know that I was using the gauges previously in P3D v4, so I'm not exactly sure why there is an issue.  Is there a work around or some other way to extract the gauges?  I don't need any of the other utils, just the gauges to drop in the gauges folder.

I don't think those gauges work in Win 10 either

David Porrett

They worked on Win10 and P3Dv4 on my previous machine, however, the installer refuses to recognize a valid install path so they will not extract from the installer.  The gauges should work fine.

You might want to just create a fake fsx.exe file, I'm not sure the installer was also checking the file version.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, ErikU said:

They worked on Win10 and P3Dv4 on my previous machine, however, the installer refuses to recognize a valid install path so they will not extract from the installer.  The gauges should work fine.

Are you sure?  They did not work since FSX (for me).. 🙂

Bert

14 hours ago, DavidP said:

I don't think those gauges work in Win 10 either

They work for me with FSX + Win 10.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

They work for me with FSX + Win 10.

Oops, I only gave half of my experience - Win 10 + P3D didn't work for me. Didn't have Win 10 when I ran FSX.

David Porrett

I did try creating a fsx.exe file and that didn't work, so it must be looking for something more.

I've packaged something for you:

http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/fake_fsx.zip

unzip this into a folder you'd probably name "Flight Simulator X (fake)" and use this to point the installer to. It should pass the internal check for a valid FSX folder but there is no guarantee this nor the gauges work in the end.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@ErikU Did you get it working with P3D4? During Installation I get couple of warnings of incorrect dll version, and that SP1 would be needed. In the Sim itseld, No FLT gauges are shown.

(Since Just Flight Put an HSI only in the MSFS Arrow, not in the P3D, but I cannot use RXP GNS on MSFS, for reasons, I want to try to at list put a 2D HSI in the VC over the CI in the Arrow...)