Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The current state of the forum.

Mike, I asked you once with no response. If your so sure of yourself then make the offer to ALL the FS Community by doing so on the front page of AVSIM. I've read enough for the next 6 months. I'm goin flyin on a sim that runs just fine for me. Craig

Guest Binncott

Oh I quite agree, which was why I was annoyed when I received such abuse, just because I was asking (what I felt) were pertinent questions.The reason for the abuse.....I do not as yet have FSX, but as I stated, that's one of the benefits of forums, it should be available for non-users to gain information as to performance to ascertain whether they have a system which can run a particular piece of software.Greengriffon, you feel that the furore resulting in Mr Taylor posting on the forums is a bad thing?I, however, am of the opinion that MS/ACES have a duty to the end user, namely those customers who are unhappy with the product. I said on another forum, that had everyone kept quiet and posted nothing but "Good Job" "Well Done", then perhaps Mr Taylor would never have felt the need to address the community.More importantly, none of the issues would be receiving the attention they now appear to be getting, as MS/ACES would be under the impression that all was well with the product.In conclusion, personal abuse and name calling should never be part of any forum. But if a "customer" feels he has been let down or that (in his/her) opinion the product is cr*p, then they have every right to say so.If we all shared the same opinion the world would be a boring place.BC

>EDIT: Agular, be nice. I'm not saying that I'm "the almighty>king", and I don't want to be viewed as that. I'm just saying>that I'm a forum moderator, and that I'm doing part of my>duty.And you have the nerve to edit my post and remove what I said? I didn't say that you are "the almighty king" did I? Yeah, you're a moderator, and for the life of me I can't understand why you were made one, especially when you imply that I said something that I didn't after removing my post.And THIS is what I said before you deleted it:"OK, let's all bow down. Get over yourself."Are you going to delete this one too?You think that because you are a moderator that you are something special. Well guess what? You are not.

Guest saudi_777

I deleted your original comment because I saw it as an insulting and inflammatory comment. You should have considered it as a warning. Obviously, you didn't.I never said or implied that you said I was "the almighty king", I only said "the almighty king" comment because I understood from your comment that you misunderstood what I said in the above post, plain and simple.I'm not here to impress anyone, nor am I here to prove that I'm something special. I'm here simply to volunteer in Avsim.com as part of the Avsim team. You, on the other hand, are trying to imply that I'm here to impress everyone and prove that I'm something special, which is absolutely false. You're the one who's making false accusations here, and you're obviously simply trying to stir up trouble. I've always treated everyone with respect in this forum. I never crossed the line in this forum. Obviously, you just crossed the line.Tom Allensworth will see what to do with you.

>>Go away and leave Asim alone, he's just doing his job.>>Ain't gonna happen. He's not doing his job, he's trying to>impress everyone with the fact that he's a moderator. He's>done that since day 1.>>AS for you, you are meaningless, so YOU can "go away" nitwit,>or keep sucking up, your choice.I kind of prefer the good ol' days. You know, the ones before the "faceless" internet, when it was more of a meeting face to face.The good old days, when insults were followed by the sound & feel of busted teeth falling down one's throat! Better yet, how about a "duel"?L.Adamson

Guest saudi_777

This is my personal opinion about the current state of the forum. I'm not going to make a sweeping generalization about everyone in this forum, nor am I going to single out anyone of you, with all due respect to everyone of you.What happened to this forum?Has the release of the newest version of MSFS caused some of us to lose respect for others and call each other names, simply because of the difference of our opinions?Whatever happened to common courtesy, common sense, respect and constructive criticism?Why do some people in this forum feel that they simply have to condemn Microsoft as if Microsoft have commited the greatest crime of the century?It's a boring repetition of the same unconstructive comments, really. The words are different, but the comments are the same. Some examples include:"FSX sucks so bad!! Microsoft should have never released it!!""Microsoft should be disgusted with the way FSX has been developed!!""Hey whiners, get out of this forum!!""All you FSX haters should get your own forum!!"The list goes on....I absolutely think that FSX is not perfect. My main gripe with it is that it could have been better performance wise, and my other gripe with it is the fact that the airliners still don't have FMCs.Do I think that it's a terrible product?No.Why?Simple.FSX is still in a V 1.0 state. You just can't expect each and every piece of computer software to run perfectly in a V 1.0 state. Simple example? Just look at the PMDG and Level-D aircraft. Has any one of their aircraft been free of bugs in a V 1.0 state? No. Have they matured into very reliable and enjoyable products? Yes.Another reason is the fact that this is a piece of computer software which is designed to simulate realistic aircraft flight dynamics and visual models flying in a simulation of the whole world. This is not an easy task. Only the Aces team have any idea at all as to how complicated and time consuming this is, with regards to the length and challenge of development and how much features the team are able to put into the sim in one development cycle. I'm sure that Tdragger could comment further on this.The Aces team have obviously made an effort to reach out to the FS community. They've made blogs, they've attended FS conventions, they've set up a specific email at Microsoft for anyone to send comments about any MSFS release to Microsoft, and they're even participating in our Avsim Forums. Why should we bad mouth them without offering constructive criticism?Constructive criticism is a very valuable and useful thing, and I do see that some of the people in this forum are offering constructive criticism about FSX. What I also see is that some people are simply bashing FSX without offering any constructive criticism, which isn't valuable or useful at all. If you want to talk about the negative sides of FSX, fine, but do it in a constructive and respectful manner without any bashing or falsifications.This has always been a respectful and well-mannered forum, and I expect it to always remain that way. Let's forget any animosity that we had about FSX, and let's start looking for solutions to FSX's problems with the Aces team in a constructive and respectful manner, so that we could get FSX running smoothly in the quickest and most efficient manner. :)Regards,

>I have no objections to ban this fool. Consider it done. Asim, Chase; From the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!:-jumpy This type of behavior has been tolerated far too long.:-mad