Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

FS2Crew Does not Recognize A320

Not sure what I'm missing. MSFS is running and the A320 is loaded. The message I get is:

Unable to connect to Flight Simulator! Please load the host aircraft first then try again!

Richard

Yes it's normal. You must first launch MFS2020, launch a flight with A320 and then launch the software.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Yes it's normal. You must first launch MFS2020, launch a flight with A320 and then launch the software.

That's correct.

If you're sitting in the Airbus cockpit and you still get the "can't connect" message, it means there is something wrong with your Simconnect installation.

Does Simconnect install automatically with MSFS2020 or is there an additional step to install it. I did download the SDK and I see there is folder that contains Simconnect.dll but I don't think the sim knows about that folder.

Richard

6 hours ago, rwalls said:

Does Simconnect install automatically with MSFS2020 or is there an additional step to install it. I did download the SDK and I see there is folder that contains Simconnect.dll but I don't think the sim knows about that folder.

Richard

The FS2Crew installer runs the Simconnect re-distributable.  It currently uses the FSX version.

You can find it here:

Flight Crew A320\redist\fsx_simconnect\SimConnect

Try running it again with Admin rights.

Sorry, I still can't get it to work.

I uninstalled Flight Crew A320 and reinstalled with Admin rights in the directory where the installer wants to put. Started MSFS2020, brought up the A320 and ran Flight Crew A320 with Admin rights. Still can't connect so I ran Flight Crew A320\redist\fsx_simconnect\SimConnect. Still no luck. I did notice there are multiple versions of SimConnect installed, probably because P3D also uses it, and MSFS20 has Simconnect in various folders.

Richard

If its Simconnect in MSFS then I don't know how. I understand that Simconnect is part of the MSFS install. I think I'm going to wait for patch#2 and do an uninstall and full install on MSFS2020.

Thanks for you help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Richard