Sign in to follow this  
pinepix62

Custom views and Pilot camera position - After patch

After the patch all my carefully constructed custom views are gone and it looks like if you try to save custom views it does not save the zoom level. I saw there is a new function for "Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset" but that does not save the zoom level either. Anyone found a way to fix this. Really missing Chaseplane now.

Edited by pinepix62

Johan Pienaar

Looks like my custom views are still there.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Same thing happened to me.  The views are still there after the update, but the zoom has changed and appeared to be zoomed in in the VC.  If you go under main options to the camera options and find the overall Cockpit zoom function and if you adjust that slider it saves the overall zoom for the cockpit for all views; that is how I fixed mine post-patch.

Simon

10 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Looks like my custom views are still there.

Did it keep the zoom level of the custom views. When set up the view and save it, and then call it up again the zoom levels are different.

Johan Pienaar

8 minutes ago, pinepix62 said:

Did it keep the zoom level of the custom views. When set up the view and save it, and then call it up again the zoom levels are different.

Yes, it did. Zoom level does not change. I did move the custom views away from the default keys to the numeric keyboard. Don't know if that has anything to do with it ?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I did move the custom views away from the default keys

Thanks Willy, I assigned the views to buttons on my controller but using that or the Alt-(0-9) keys makes no difference.

Johan Pienaar

I have the same issue.

All my custom views are extremely zoomed out after the update. I had to increase the overall cockpit view zoom in the UI by 50 points to get back my initial custom views zoom level. But that also increased the zoom level of the default view, so now the default view is 50 points more zoomed in than my custom views.

I found no way to correct this. If I save a new custom view with the default zoom it is zoomed out again when switching the views back and forth. Apparently it doesn't save the zoom level correctly. I can't get the custom and default views to have the same zoom level.

Something broke here with the latest update.

Edited by RALF9636