Sign in to follow this  
James Callan

Worse Performance

6 hours ago, wim123 said:

hahah this if funny, sorry.

but i see so many issues are caused by the users themselves.

Funny? Nothing funny about it.  And it clearly wasn't an issue before the patch, so I'm curious how you think I caused the issue myself.  Please, enlighten me.  I can't wait.

I'm running with a 1080ti on a 3440x1440 screen. 32gb RAM and an i7-8700 (3.2ghz).

I've not been an "fps-chaser" thus far but I did notice jitters post-patch and then tried two things. 

The first was to reset the custom graphics settings which had a mix of highs and ultras.  The reset dialed almost everything up to Ultra. All I then did  was disable VSYNC in the options. This produced an improvement, sort of, but things didn't still feel right and a check via Developer Mode showed I was getting circa 12 fps at times taxiing around Heathrow.

I then spotted in the forum that someone had hard-limited the fps to 30 in this (and other sims) which I then tried myself by setting it in MSFS and also the Nvidia driver.

Result.  No jitters / stutters / choppiness with no dialing back to high for anything. Everything flowing consistently now and that 30fps is suddenly the norm. It seems that setting a previous limit of 60 caused my machine either at CPU or GPU level to bin a ton of frames simply while trying - and failing - to max them to 60fps.  Early days with this, need to check different scenery / cloudscapes and might need to tweak settings a bit yet but so far...so good.

Just my $0.02 worth...