Sign in to follow this  
byork

FAQs and QUICK HELP!

Pushback Express FAQs and Troubleshooting

Q: The plane slowly pushes back by itself, even though the parking brake is on.

A: Ensure the AI Copilot is not enabled because it will trigger the default tug by itself and it will try to push you back.  Also, ensure you're using WASM V1.0 or latest if using the FBW A32NX.

Q. I'm upgrading from Version 1.2 to the current version and it still loads the old version.

A: If updating from 1.2, you must thoroughly uninstall V1.2.  Delete the desktop icon.  Delete the folder.  Then re-install the latest version.

Q. The PBE window won't stay on the screen.

A: If you're using a single monitor, and you put MSFS in focus, the PBE window will literally go "behind" the MSFS window.  To automatically force it to be on top (or in front of MSFS), there's a config option on the Settings Panel in the top right hand corner called "Force Panel Front".  Check it.  And it will force the PBE panel to stay in front of MSFS at all times.

Q. I get a "CAN'T CONNECT TO SIMULATOR" message even though MSFS is running

A: Go to the Pushback Express folder and delete the "Simconnect.cfg" file if it's there.

Q. Voice Control doesn't work even though my Pilot Selected voice and Speech Recognition language match up.

A: Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Uninstall it.

If you're having trouble uninstalling Nahimic, read this.

Also, you may need to use generic Microsoft Sound drivers in some cases if you're not using stock Microsoft sound drivers.

Also, make sure your Windows is totally current.  Run Windows Update and install all updates.  

Also try doing a totally clean re-install of Pushback Express.  Completely uninstall the old version.

Also, ensure your Windows language setting does actually match up.

The language setting that matters is on this panel in Windows 10 (link below):

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/images/fs2c_graphics/englishus.jpg

Also, do NOT forget to train your voice by pressing "TRAIN PROFILE".

Q: Does Pushback Express work with the Steam edition of MSFS (2020)?

A. Yes it does.  It works with the Steam and Microsoft store version.

Q: When I try to contact the ground crew to start the pushback, nothing happens.

A. Make sure your engines are off! Also, if using Voice Control, ensure you fully Trained your voice via the Windows speech page.  Do the long training not the short one.  If you have multiple audio devices, be sure you've selected your correct input audio device in Windows.

Q: In voice control, nothing happens when I speak.

A. Use the default Push to Talk key.  By default, it's the "C" key.  When you press the C key, you should see "TX" appear in the bottom right hand corner of the panel (Tx stands for transmit).  If you don't see Tx, it means the Flight Simulator window is not in focus.  It needs to be in focus!  Press anywhere on your flightsim window to put in focus.

If it is in focus, make sure you run the Voice Training as shown in the manual.  Ensure your Audio Input selections are set to your headset.

You also need to use the correct phrases.

The allowed English, French, German and Spanish phrases are listed in the manual!

Don't forget to "train" your profile!

Q: In FS2020, can I have the built in co-pilot enabled?

A. We recommend turning it off.  If you're at a gate, the built in co-pilot will automatically trigger the stock pushback system, not our system.

Q: During pushback, the tug just 'threw' the plane off.

A. You accidently hit the "Kill All Operations" button instead of the stop pushback button.

Q: The door toggle button doesn't work.

A. We're using the stock 'toggle door' command from Simconnect.  If the door doesn't open, it's because the aircraft is using non-standard door code.  The default 747 in FS2020 is one such example of the this.  The default A320 in FS2020, however, has no problem with the door.

Q: The tug doesn't move.

A. Control the parking brake with your mouse, not a key assignment (this applies to FS2020 only).  Also remember that the parking brake needs to be on with the engines off.  If using Voice Control, make sure you say: "Brakes Released" as per the manual.

Q: I'm using P3D/FSX.  I can't see the tug.

A. Another program probably deleted the default tug from your scenery.  

Q: I get odd crashes.

A. You probably have a corrupt .Net install.   Run the .Net Repair tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Also ensure Windows 10 has the latest Windows updates.

Also, some 3rd party sceneries have bugs with gates.  The test is to try using the stock pushback system (not PBE) and use a default aircraft.

Also, try deleting the "Simconnect.cfg" file located in the Pusback Express main folder (if using Version 1.7 or earlier).

Q: The ramp agent says he's starting the push but the plane doesn't move.

A. Please allow a few moments for the tug to drive up to and connect with the aircraft.  Also ensure the engines are off prior to doing anything.

Q: I saw a review in which the reviewer used ALT TAB to control the Panel Windows.

A. That's just one way of many ways of managing the panels.   The easiest way it simply put the Pushback panel on a separate monitor.  If you only have one monitor, select the "LOCK MAIN PANEL" checkbox on the Settings Panel.  That'll keep the panel on top, and you don't need to ALT TAB.  You can also simply click Pushback icon in your taskbar.

Q: The program won't load.

A. One user reported this and he solved it.  He said his Firewall/Anti Virus was blocking the program.  So ensure your Firewall/Anti virus program is excluding our program.

Another user had to run the Pushback EXE directly from the install folder rather then the short cut for probably the same reason.

Another user had a corrupt NET install, which he fixed by running the .Net Repair tool (link above).

Another user had to manually run the VC_redist.x64 file located in the the REDIST sub-folder.  Ensure you run it with Admin rights.

Q: I'm using Voice Control... what do I need to speak?

A. The list of accepted phrases are printed in the Voice Control manual.

Q: I'm running the PreFlight Events.  The Ground Power Truck did not automatically disconnect, but the other ground service vehicles did.

A. You need to disconnect the Ground Power Truck manually via the button on the Pushback Express Main Panel.  We can't have it automatically disconnect because you may not have a power source (such as an APU on the generators).

Q: I selected (pure) Italian or Dutch language ground crew while using voice control.  But the system makes me use the English phrases only.

A. That's correct.  The Microsoft Windows Speech Recognizer does not support Italian or Dutch, so, if you want to use Voice Control, you need to use the English phrases.  The ramper will still respond in native Italian or Dutch.

Q: Voice control starts controlling other Windows functions.

A. Windows speech recognition needs to be OFF.  Don't worry, PBE Voice Control will still work.  Click the link below for the screen shot.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/images/fs2c_graphics/speechoff.jpg

Q: The program is acting strange.  Some sounds aren't playing, but some are.  Other odd things are happening.

A. A corrupted saved Settings file can induce odd behavior.  Best solution is a clean reinstall of PBE:

1. Manually delete the PBE settings XML file in AppData, located here:

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew Pushback Express

2. Manually delete your main Pushback Express folder from wherever you installed it.

3. Reinstall PBE.

Q: I can't see the PBE panel.

A. From a user:

"In the past, I've disabled the windows transparency effects in order to speed up my operating system, but at the same time I've activated the transparency toggle in Pushback Express, so I couldn't view its window.
So I have reactivated the Windows transparency effects to be able to see PBE Window again and change transparency setting. Now it works perfectly!"

Q: Every time I run the program, the programs asks me to re-enter my license code.

A: Your firewall could be blocking our program(s), so try with your firewall off.  You may need to exclude FS2Crew in your firewall, but generally you shouldn't have to.

Also, right click on the FS2Crew EXE(s) and select "Always run as an Administrator" in the compatibility tab if you're not running in an Admin account.

All FS2Crew MSFS programs are located in the Program Files X86 files.

You can also send us a support ticket.

Edited by byork
  • Like 1