Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Honey.. == Where's the Moon ?

Well, some days feel like we've been married for more than a month... not much of a honeymoon.  Of course we cannot have it all our way. While I do appreciate MS/Asobo's efforts, we are left with a kind-of "simple" aftertaste. Though, the scenery is a huge improvement over the past sim generations there are several things that need to change or improve: (But, please don't break 3 to fix 1)

- Anyone knows if we can better the LOD ? (is there any tweakable cfg we can tweak and not lose one of our all-time second hobby--  tweaking?

- Waves effect. What happened? Where did it go? Gone with the Wind? 

- Is there a way to remove trees or buildings to improve performance?  (Or at least the trees?) The scenery is so clogged that my Nvidia 8090/ 35Gb VRAM can hardly render all those buildings and trees. (ok my 2080 Super Dooper). 

-- What else? Of course I miss my add-on airplanes. Sometimes I'm seriously tempted to go back to P3D💥 Who spends over $3,000 on a computer-build, overclocks it and , spends another $180.00 on MFS2020 to fly a Cessna or some tiny little airplane? Give me a break !! (ok some do- fine.. I don't).  I do flight simming cause when I was 60 I dreamt of being a pilot and fly an airliner between massive beautiful airports- not a mosquito into the bushes (yes, you can smile).😂  

• Like 4

The nice thing about airliners is that 95% of the time you are so high that you don't see any scenery. It is fun sitting there staring into the blue and guffawing at Asobo for wasting their time streaming scenery that isn't being seen by us during the flight.  If you've seen one elephant herd, you've seen them all.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, Fielder said:

The nice thing about airliners is that 95% of the time you are so high that you don't see any scenery. It is fun sitting there staring into the blue and guffawing at Asobo for wasting their time streaming scenery that isn't being seen by us during the flight.  If you've seen one elephant herd, you've seen them all.

Don't forget you can enjoy the scenery even more when you are descending or taking off. And, at 30,000 you can still enjoy what MS/Ashbo has given us.