Sign in to follow this  
SnowGoAK

Bush Trip Glitch Workaround (patch 1.8.3.0)

For those who are not aware, patch 1.8.3.0 introduced a glitch in Bush Missions where you no longer get credit for legs flown after the patch was installed (for trips started before the patch was installed).  You land at the correct airport and just sit there with no completion trigger.  You can start a new trip that you haven't done before and it will work.  For a trip that was already started you can delete your savefiles and start over.  I had already flown 19 legs with many hours invested and did not want to start over.

I want to give credit for the many people in the official MSFS forums that have experimented with many possible solutions. So far as I am making this post, only one appears to work (with some issues that I will address below). https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-bush-trip-landing-detection-after-patch2/273770

This work around is for those who want to complete a bush trip that was already started and don't want to have to re-fly legs that took many hours to achieve.  The method I used below is in itself a bit of a glitch, since people could use it to cheat and get achievements they did not earn.  I just wanted to get back to where I was, so I could complete the mission without starting over.

1. Find the save file.  For me it was in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES.  Under ACTIVITIES you will see the folders for the save files.  The Nevada trip is NEVADA_SAVE.

2. I copied the NEVADA_SAVE folder to a different location as a backup and deleted the original.  When you restart the trip a new one is created.

3. Load the sim and restart the first leg of the trip.

4. Take off and gain a few thousand feet.

5. Press ESC, go to the GENERAL Tab. Click on the last option “Developers”. Turn ON developer mode. In the top developer menu find and Click on the “Teleport window” option.

6. Type the airport code; click on “Go to ICAO” so you’ll teleport to the destination. (note: many of the airport codes start with an O, not a zero.)

7. Turn OFF developer mode. This will allow the leg to appear in the log and allow for the achievement.

8. Save and ESC back to the flight.  You will now be flying above the destination airport. Circle around and land.  You will complete the leg.

9. Repeat for all legs needed to get you back to where you left off.

This sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't too bad.  It saves you many hours having to re-fly the legs of the trip you have already completed.  The reason why I take off and gain some altitude before teleporting is that at a couple airports I would spawn a bit above (or below) the runway and crash.  It adds a little time, but you get to practice your landings.

The other option would be to wait for a fix in a future patch, but it is not know how long that would be.  Will all the issues with the airliners, I have really been enjoying GA and the bush trips.

Edited by SnowGoAK
  • Like 2

Darn, I didn't know about this glitch, tonight I was gonna go back to the one I started before the patch. This is frustrating but thanks for the tip!

If anyone has found any other way to get this to work, please let me know. I have tried lots of options, but the fix above it the only one I could get to work.  Only real downside I have found it that your log will show the legs only lasting a few minutes each, so you loose the logged time from your original legs.  I'm not usually a fan of "missions" in a flight sim, but I have found the bush trips to be enjoyable and relaxing.  That said, I didn't have any desire to spend hours re-flying the legs I had already completed.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, SnowGoAK said:

If anyone has found any other way to get this to work, please let me know. I have tried lots of options, but the fix above it the only one I could get to work.  Only real downside I have found it that your log will show the legs only lasting a few minutes each, so you loose the logged time from your original legs.  I'm not usually a fan of "missions" in a flight sim, but I have found the bush trips to be enjoyable and relaxing.  That said, I didn't have any desire to spend hours re-flying the legs I had already completed.

I agree.  I used the “dev mode” work around, and received credit for the trip when I finished.  Now on to South America.  Thanks for the work-around.

Thanks so much for posting this workaround. I hit the bug early on during my Balkans Bush Trip and this worked like a charm, with one caveat:

I'm using the Xbox Game Pass version of MSFS and the Activities folder can be found here for that version:

%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES

I don't know if that mess of characters is unique to my install, or all installs.

I posted a video of the procedure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7n1Gvt3aKk

I'm not sure what the rules are about posting such things, so if the mods choose to strike me down with furious anger, I won't be upset ;) I just thought it might be useful to others.

Thanks. I've just discovered that you don't even have to start your engines. Just teleport to each leg destination cold and dark. Sorted. I needed that as my bush trip went wrong and wouldn't even show me legs anymore when I was right near the end.

Hi   I have been stuck on two bush trips..  I have done this proceedure over and over again.  Yes it does register as "Checked" and yes it does then allow me to continue but it does not show the leg Check Mark on the next load of the Bush Trip.  It also does not alter the % completed.  I can continue the next leg that originally followed the one that started the problem...and they receive the Check Mark but the ones I completed using this procedure are no checked and it appears not included in the completed percentage for the trip. 

Anyone know where FS records the completed  legs in the FLT files.  I have searched and cannot find it   If I had that info, I would just mark the ones needed as complete.

Thanks

David M Clark

Well to my surprise.... After about 10 tries... the proceedure above worked.  This time each leg was checked and the percentage completed was correct.

Not sure why previous attemps were not working.  One thing this time I did not take off I simply teleported and sometimes arrived with a crash.  Just waited a few seconds and trip was completed 

So  Thanks to SnowGoAK   I can finishe my trip... 🙂

opps  Me again.  Went on to actually flythe next fleg in the German trip and landed at the correct airport... and nothing!!!   So even though the work-around seems to work...when I attempted to fly the remaining legs... (well the next one in the series) again the system failed to acknowlege the arrival.   

Whew  I agree with Dylan M.   This needs to get Fixed.    I enjoy the bush trips but getting tired of flying the same trip over and over again.   

David   

• Like 1

Hi David - this was just acknowledged by the team in the "known issues" blog (that's a positive step):

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-update-2021-10-25-

ACTIVITIES

• Bushtrip progression is not saved when completing a bushtrip leg
    • We are aware of this issue and the team is currently investigating

Ha, so it wasn't just me then, I thought it was an issue specific to the user-created bush trip I was trying to complete...

Flown a leg yesterday, landed, got off rw and parked the airplane and nothing happenend. No more bushtrips until fixed by Asobo. I miss the FLIGHT missions....