Sign in to follow this  
jwillyf

G1000 flight planning

I am trying to enter a flight plan on the G1000 Vertx DA62 and it's driving me nuts!

I click on FPL and click on the inner FMS knob to get a highlighted line but I cannot get to the next page of Waypoint Information where I can rotate the inner FMS knob to enter characters. Rotating the inner or outer FMS wheels has no effect, and clicking the inner knob just deselects the highlighted line. Also the airport at which I am located is not automatically entered into the flight plan screen as I believe it should.

What am I missing?

Thanks

You can load a flight plan through the Prepar3D navigation menu, (or alternatively through ActiveSky back to Prepar3d) and they should show in the DA62.

regards bob

At present, I build the flightplan in LittleNavMap (freeware) and export it as a "pln" file.

In MSFS, you can load a pln flightplan at the World map screen and presto, you will find it in your G1000.. as well as your aircraft positioned at the departure airport.

Bert

We should also mention SimBrief as well, you can download into Prepar3d documents folder.

and Navigraph the same way and... you have your charts for the flight pinned while building it. Worth every red cent. Looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for VFR. Soon.

Edited by Radial9

Thanks. I have Simbrief, Navigraph and Active Sky, so I will give them a try.

So, it's not possible to enter a flight plan directly into the Vertx DA-62 G1000, then?

2 hours ago, jwillyf said:

So, it's not possible to enter a flight plan directly into the Vertx DA-62 G1000, then?

Yes its possible, 

8hgNYr2.png

You need to use the FMS inner and outer knobs ( clicking to Highlight the field) and then turn the outer (small) to in put data, inner knob ( large) to move the next waypoint field location, to start the first waypoint click on the knob in the area below the Active Flight Plan and turn outer knob to bring up the waypoint information screen.

edit ..I should have noted first by clicking the FPL button brings up Active Flight page 

first waypoint entry....

cxoPiUq.png

regards bob

Edited by onebob

onebob,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, despite trying for some time, I cannot upload a screen shot as you did - the codes do not seem to work.

I am stuck with the inital flight plan box which in text looks like this: 

Flight Plan

-----/----

DTK DIS

---------- this last line highlighted

I cannot get to the Active Flight Plan or Waypoint information panels.

3 hours ago, onebob said:

to start the first waypoint click on the knob in the area below the Active Flight Plan and turn outer knob to bring up the waypoint information screen.

Can you explain where the area below the Active Flight Plan is. 

1 hour ago, jwillyf said:

Can you explain where the area below the Active Flight Plan is.

hi, click the FPL button to bring up the Active Flight Plan screen, left click the FMS small outer knob and this will highlight (flashing) the field in which you can start to enter your flight plan, scroll the small outer knob and this will show the waypoint screen and in the flashing field scroll with the small outer knob to enter the departure airport, using the inner large knob to enter each letter. press enter after enter the airport ID then carry on entering the waypoints , enter the destination airport and press enter, this should now show the name of the flight plan at the top.

regards bob

Edited by onebob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

click the FPL button to bring up the Active Flight Plan screen, left click the FMS small outer knob and this will highlight (flashing) the field in which you can start to enter your flight plan

I am fine up to this point

1 hour ago, onebob said:

scroll the small outer knob and this will show the waypoint screen

There is no response at this point. There is an inner and outer FMS knob, each colouring green when the cursor hovers over, but  with the highlighted field flashing, rotating either knob with the scroll wheel on the mouse has no effect.

rotating either knob with the scroll wheel on the mouse has no effect.

most odd, all I can think of at the moment is , check that the wheel scroll is working on some other software, unlikely, and check if you have anything  set in any other add-ons that uses the mouse wheel.

bob

edit. just a thought, In the config tool there is a function ..  (Code Limiter.).. you can adjust the slider to help with code issues. 

I check in tomorrow to see how you get on, off to bed

Edited by onebob

Thanks for your interest.

Scroll wheel works on web pages etc. I reduced code limiter to 10% but no help and also re-installed XML tools, but no improvement.

I haven't tried the add-ons yet

reduced code limiter to 10%

You could try increasing it, is the mouse wheel working on the HDG and CRS knobs on the PFD.

bob

Hi, Bob, and apologies for the delay in replying.

I tried increasing the code limiter to 100% but no benefit. I have reverted to the default 40%.

The scroll wheel is working on HDG but, to my surprise, it is not working on CRS/ HSI adjustment.

Does this help?

Thanks

John

Just now, jwillyf said:

Does this help?

All I can think of at the moment is have you got the mouse wheel mapped to a device/add-on such as FSUIPC for trim as such.

bob