Sign in to follow this  
Richard Muñoz

LINDA turns off light switches

hello,

I have a question. I noticed that while I am taxiing the Aerosoft A320 prof in P3Dv4.5, the light switches: Nav light, beacon, taxi light, which are turned on, are turned off when I start up LINDA. Hmmmm... I not sure why it does that but can someone tell me how to resolve the little issue.

How are you operating the lights? If you have something like a switch panel, LINDA can not determine the switch positions until you first operate one of the switches. It then reads and actions all of them.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I operate the lights by using the left click or the wheel on the mouse to turn on and off the lights. I don't have anything assigned to LINDA to operate the lights. The only thing I have assigned to LINDA are a couple of buttons to turn on/off autopilot on the joystick I have.

I have seem not only ASbus but many different aircarft with simular behaivor, seems LINDA will send a "default" impulse on start.

I have finally been able to get onto my PC and investigate the light functions. I tried with both the C172 and A320 and can see no issues.

Using the LINDA Tracer I selected the FSUIPC Offsets 0x0D0C (0D0C:UW:BIN:Lights bits) and clicked Start to monitor the state in the LINDA Console. Using the MSFS Default functions Lights_xxx_on/off I could see the bits change. This is as expected.

I can confirm that on LINDA Restart LUA Engine that the bits are reset to off. It is not something I would expect to happen. I will have to investigate further to see why this is happening.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have tested P3Dv5 with LINDA 3.2.x and it too resets the Light Bits when the LUA engine restarts. This is an unknown feature.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

2 hours ago, Richard Muñoz said:

Any update regarding this issue??

I am doing nothing to resolve the issue. LINDA is working as designed. The ‘problem’ only exists if you restart the LUA engine which is not necessary in normal operation. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I disagree. If its working as designed, then the program should not turn off the lights regardless if I start the program during flight when I'm about to land or parked at the gate. Clearly there is something that is causing this effect. I don't restart the LUA engine. Although when P3Dv4 loads up and I'm at the gate, I see a message on top of screen that says LINDA is ready but that doesn't mean the program is running because when I turn off the A/P, which is assigned in LINDA, it doesn't turn off the A/P. It means I need LINDA to be running if I want the A/P to be turned off.