Not much to see on this leg where we finally!! arrive at Karachi.

Taxiing out at Dubai

b51MdZv.jpg

No pax to get upset about a max climbout... at 67 knots! :biggrin:

RQ8LZVT.jpg

Head across the UAE to get out into the Persian Gulf. Then hug (not quite) the Iranian coast, heading east until we reach Karachi, Pakistan.

hahPQCm.jpg

Jask Airport, Iran off the port wing.

XFtIQlD.jpg

Low cloud at about 2000 feet and haze approaching Karachi. I should be able to get under it..

aDO1MsR.jpg

Underneath the clouds yet Karachi ATIS is saying 100 feet overcast.. LIES I tell you.

YKPHKxr.jpg

LIES!

pOt4wPb.jpg

To humour the tower and not cause an international incident :blink: I humour them by flying a holding pattern a few miles out from the airport. With darkness falling I decide enough is enough & squawk 7600. :ph34r: :laugh: What overcast? ...

l04DWy7.jpg

Touchdown - more or less a 3-pointer!:unsure: Not ideal with a tricycle undercarriage...

IUG2Izw.jpg

Time to shut her down for the night... and maybe go and find a number I have to call....:rolleyes:

hfQ0f14.jpg

The next leg is across India to Calcutta (Kolkata as it is known these days), a distance of some 1100 nautical miles or so. I'll have to have a stop over in this homage to the 1969 Air Race.. without ferry tanks!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

From Kuwait to Karachi, it looks like you did manage to stay clear of the interior lands (and stay out of trouble) by sticking to the coastlines....

Congratulations, Progress Report enclosed...!

Yes, across the immediately upcoming land-mass, then, South-East Asia (with heavy monsoon and high seas) is next...(keep on)...!

caOMGd.png

• Like 1