Sign in to follow this  
james37611

GSX Level 2 two jetways

Hello all,

I tried following some tutorials on YouTube on how to replace the default jetways with the GSX Level 2 ones. I tried to do this for all jetways at UK2000 EGKK. I checked the exclude jetways in a 1m radius box, quit the sim, clicked the Compile Check Excludes in the GSX Level 2 control panel, and re-loaded the sim at EGKK. Sure enough the new jetways were in, but the old ones remain. After customising the new gates, and the parking position, I tried the jetway but only the old one works, as seen in the picture

50391343291_c9401166b6_h.jpg

What am I missing? As you can see in the control panel, 65 jetways have been excluded, yet they still remain in the sim and work?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by james37611

Hi Easy fix here I can help you tomorrow if you like I’ll need you to be at your pc give me a shout if you want me to help. 

1 hour ago, james37611 said:

Hello all,

I tried following some tutorials on YouTube on how to replace the default jetways with the GSX Level 2 ones. I tried to do this for all jetways at UK2000 EGKK. I checked the exclude jetways in a 1m radius box, quit the sim, clicked the Compile Check Excludes in the GSX Level 2 control panel, and re-loaded the sim at EGKK. Sure enough the new jetways were in, but the old ones remain. After customising the new gates, and the parking position, I tried the jetway but only the old one works, as seen in the picture

50391343291_c9401166b6_h.jpg

What am I missing? As you can see in the control panel, 65 jetways have been excluded, yet they still remain in the sim and work?

Any help appreciated!

I have replaced the jetways at UK2000 EGKK using the Cartayna GSX config. If you go to SimMarket the package is free and comes with instructions.

I now have a file in the Addon Manager/FSDreamTeam/Exclude folder called 000_EGKK_GSX_JWEXCL.xml and also an EGKK file in the scenery subfolder called 000_EGKK_GSX_JWEXCL.BGL. There are a couple of other changes if you go down the Cartayna route as some of the models are replaced but you may not need to do that if you are just using a new GSX config.

You also need to ensure there is only one .ini file in appdata/roaming/viruali/gsx for EGKK and it is the replacement configuration not the original. Make sure you select SODE jetways in the UK2000 configurator for the airport.

Once you are in the sim, restart and reload Coautl.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Matty2123, Sorted now but thank you very much for your offer!

Simfan1983 - I actually downloaded that Cartayna file package for FlyTampa EHAM, I have no jetways now on that, I'm sure there's something I haven't done, but anyway I didn't even know it had EGKK UK2000 files as well, thanks for pointing that out!
Just tried it, installed it and it works wonders! Thank you very much!!

BIGSKY - Thank you very much for that link, saved that, though I have EGKK now sorted I see there's an Edinburgh one as well, which will certainly come in handy as I have that, thank you!

James.