Sign in to follow this  
bahnzo

Copilot handing of radios?

4 hours ago, bahnzo said:

You can also press Shift-P and ask for a pushback that way. 

👍🏻 Yup, I use that on uncontrolled field very often. I havent found a way to steer properly though, braking and rudder will turn a bit. I hear about a third party alternative but this doesn’t bother me enough compared to other issues.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, bahnzo said:

Anyone else experiencing problems with this? I've been using this option since release and it's seemingly become worse for me recently. IE: right now, if I file an IFR plan, my copilot will do all the clearances and whatnot when I switch on the battery, but then that's it. It used to work fine and when I was airborne, he'd tune and call whatever freq was appropriate and continue handling calls. But now, that no longer happens and I have to handle all radio myself now if I want ATC. 

I have no idea why, and it's not specific to this new patch, as it's happened before that. Any ideas? Could it be something a mod is causing?

I now have the same problem. I did let the co-pilot answer the radio so I could take care of other things, like fly but that has changed for some reason.

I don't think it's a mod. Ever since release, my AI Copilot has been hit or miss with the radios. Usually it will work at the start, but give up after an hour or so of cruise and not do any further radio changes. I can usually cycle it on/off to get it to work again, with varying success.

Honestly I'm just waiting for a payware ATC program to appear and save us from ASOBO ATC. My co-pilot never stopped using radio calls on RC4 or those other programs that had copilot take-overs.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.