Sign in to follow this  
bahnzo

Copilot handing of radios?

24 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

Wow, your name changed!

He is using 2 different accounts, which is against the TOS. Report him as I did.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Ok, I took out *everything* from my Community folder. Problem still exists. 

Just to reiterate: When starting from cold and dark, when I turn on the battery/radio, my copilot makes the initial call as they used to. Get's the clearances and does the readback. And that's it. I haven't tried this at a field with a tower yet, so maybe that's next, but right now, it seems this is broken.

I've only flown the C208 and the G36 so far, but it's the exact same in both. Would be interested if others are seeing the same in other planes. Going to file a ticket on their system, if you are also affected, please do the same. 

An update. Flying from a controlled airport, the copilot handles everything (ground, pushback, etc) up to takeoff. After getting clearance from the tower, it then refused instructions after that. After being airborne, I was told to "contact center on xxx.xx" and the copilot did nothing. After repeated calls, maybe 4-5, it finally kicked in and began to work. Seemed to work as normal from that point and returned all calls. 

Still couldn't get it to work at an uncontrolled field.

Same for me. My first officer can't manage the radio.

Edited by Schwarzgruber
  • Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

This is a Known Issue as stated on this web site. Can also cause CTD. Sorry. I  meant to say Known Issues on the Microsoft Flight Simulator web site.😫😫

Edited by KSATRoadWarrior
clairify

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, KSATRoadWarrior said:

This is a Known Issue as stated on this web site. Can also cause CTD. Sorry. I  meant to say Known Issues on the Microsoft Flight Simulator web site.😫😫

It states: 

Crash when ATC delegated to the Co-Pilot

• Workaround : Turn ATC to AI OFF

This is the Copilot simply not working period. 

I just re-flew the same flight, no VFR map, no AI copilot for anything, and I was within 20 miles of the ILS landing and a CTD. I have reported it to Zendesk, let's see if I get an answer. Their Known Issues suggestions did NOT prevent a CTD.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Strange, it's working ok for me. Just had a flight on the TBM and he handled the comms from takeoff to landing.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Anyone know how to stop the AI Co-Pilot to not ask for push back?  I do want him to control the radios but I don't want him to control the "Push Back" functions. Is there an option for this that I am missing? 

I have the standard version from Game Pass.

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by egguzman

4 hours ago, bahnzo said:

It states: 

This is the Copilot simply not working period. 

to be honest, since the patch and the notes that using the Ai for radio may cause a CTD I haven't used it, but prior to this patch, I was having an occaisional problem, especially at smaller airports where although they tell you to go to ground.. it's actually the same frequency as tower..  but I believe that will improve as these extra frequencies are added, as they are starting to do, but as I say.. unwilling to risk a CTD, I haven't had the chance to see if it's any different since 1.9.3.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

to be honest, since the patch and the notes that using the Ai for radio may cause a CTD I haven't used it, but prior to this patch, I was having an occaisional problem, especially at smaller airports where although they tell you to go to ground.. it's actually the same frequency as tower..  but I believe that will improve as these extra frequencies are added, as they are starting to do, but as I say.. unwilling to risk a CTD, I haven't had the chance to see if it's any different since 1.9.3.

Graham

Yeah, I think this isn't new to this patch as I was having issues with it before. Oddly enough, I've never had a CTD and I've always used the copilot for radios. 

I haven't noticed any difference between airport size. Tonight I flew the G36 from a small (9V7) airport and while they didn't do anything about taxi and takeoff for local traffic (have they ever, I can't remember), I was surprised when he contacted center for a following. So it seems it's all over the place. 

11 hours ago, Alvega said:

He is using 2 different accounts, which is against the TOS. Report him as I did.

It is fixed, yes there were two accounts in my house for two different persons. I used a different computer and it was logged on that account. No, no one is planning anything nefarious. Thanks for the concern.

3 hours ago, egguzman said:

Anyone know how to stop the AI Co-Pilot to not ask for push back?  I do want him to control the radios but I don't want him to control the "Push Back" functions. Is there an option for this that I am missing? 

I have the standard version from Game Pass.

Thanks in advance! 

I don’t know of any customization options, it’s either on or off. You can manually do it from the game top bar options, no need to go to the pause menu. I usually wait until after takeoff clearance to hand over atc to fo, and take it back before talking to approach so I can try and negotiate the approach and gate selection upon landing.

13 hours ago, shadow133 said:

I don’t know of any customization options, it’s either on or off. You can manually do it from the game top bar options, no need to go to the pause menu. I usually wait until after takeoff clearance to hand over atc to fo, and take it back before talking to approach so I can try and negotiate the approach and gate selection upon landing.

Thanks for the reply and info.  I'll try that.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, shadow133 said:

You can also press Shift-P and ask for a pushback that way.