Sign in to follow this  
Guest delsutton

After all the anguish, it's time for some light relief...

Guest delsutton

Try this in FSX:1. Go to your favourite busy airport as the Tower Controller.2. Set AI airplanes to maximum3. Get yourself settled in a good viewing position so you can see most of the gates and active runway.4. Set weather to clear with good visibility. Set winds to around 140kts with gusts up to around 170kts and in a direction that will mean a head-on wind for take-off and landings.5. Sit back and watch your departing and landing aircraft!Later on, when you've tired of that, set winds to 200kts, gusts 220kts, and observe the impact!

LOL, too funny!Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

ROFL!Er might I suggest not doing the above in an ultralight...Things went pear-shaped mighty quickly!Jeremy

Guest delsutton

>ROFL!>>Er might I suggest not doing the above in an ultralight...>>Things went pear-shaped mighty quickly!>>JeremyHence suggesting setting up as the tower controller and just observing!! Although in real life i'm not sure I'd want to be stuck in a tower in a 200kt breeze!

Yeah, it might get a bit hairy in that sort of 'breeze'. At least I saw a cessna slid by shortly before my demise. Don't ask me what I thought was going to happen... Jeremy

Guest delsutton

I saw a 737 taxiing out, get caught by a gust, being flipped over on its back and then disappearing!

Guest akashic flying

"1. Go to your favourite busy airport as the Tower Controller."How do you achieve this?? Sounds like fun. Thanks

Guest delsutton

>"1. Go to your favourite busy airport as the Tower>Controller.">>>How do you achieve this?? Sounds like fun. >>ThanksYou have to go to Multiplayer, set up a host session at whichever airport you want to be at, then once it's loaded save the flight (use the ; key to save it, as the menu Save option is greyed out). Then when you exit multiplayer and go to free flight, the saved flight will be under the Load option!

Guest akashic flying

Excellent! Thank you!

ROFLMAO.... :)Its hilareous. Thank you for that sweet idea. :(I setup such that I was in KSFO (San Francisco) Tower. Set traffic to 100%. Wind from the North around 110 kts..Gust at 170Kts... Turbulance and every thing to the extreme. Visibility high. Its a riot.....watching them (Virtual AI Pilots) earn their living the hard way. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest delsutton

>ROFLMAO.... :)>>Its a riot.....watching them (Virtual AI Pilots) earn their>living the hard way. :)>>MannyIndeed... I've watched 737s get pitched around and then blown way off course (and in one instance into the sea never to emerge). I've seen Cessnas literally get scraped along the ground. I've even seen an A321 taxi to the edge of the runway and not be able to stop ... took about 200 metres for it to come to a halt, turn around then get back to the runway!