Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Perspective

Everyone please pause to reflect when computers were still new to us, and a flight simulator was probably not even yet a thought. Your $4,000 today definitely buys a better rig than back then! lolhttp://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa031599.htmParticular attention to the second paragraph:"The first IBM PC ran on a 4.77 MHz Intel 8088 microprocessor. The PC came equipped with 16 kilobytes of memory, expandable to 256k. The PC came with one or two 160k floppy disk drives and an optional color monitor. The price tag started at $1,565, which would be nearly $4,000 today."yeah, that's 4.77 -->M;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ha, the IBM was later in the history of Microcomputers I started with a Tandy TRS-80 (commonly called a Trash-80). 4k of memory expandable to 16K. Programs and data loaded from, and saved, to an audio tape. Then floppy disk drives came along I remember that my first box of blank disks (unformatted of course)cost me $A90.00.Let's hear it for the days before IBM coined the term "Personal Computer".:)