Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Copying flight plan waypoints into a new flightplan?

Hi! I am making flightplans for a group of bushflying pilots on a South America tour. I have one master flightplan that is more for vectoring across the continent, and I need to make a separate flightplan for the specific group flight of about 1-2 hours in lenght. I want to copy the waypoints from the master flightplan (that is like 8000nm long in total) and make a separate smaller flightplan for that day that people can use to import into MSF or just follow along in LNM. 

How do I do that?

When I highlight the waypoints I want to copy in the master flightplan, I cant seem to paste them in a new flightplan. I get all sorts of weird info copied over like mhz, courses on the ils and stuff. How do I just simply copy the waypoints? When I try to use "copy flightplan route description to clipboard", and try to use the "new flightplan from route description after, I get error regarding the destination airport not found. Also the route description isn't complete. It doesnt seem to copy over all the waypoints Ive added. At some point it cuts off. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Hi Andreas,

load the master flight plan. Delete everything before and after the snippet you'd like to save. "Save as" to new flight plan snippet. That's it.
I suppose the master contains the departure and destination airports for the snippets as intermediate points.

I'd not use the route description for this.

Ctrl+C in the flight plan table copies CSV to the clipboard.

36 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I get error regarding the destination airport not found.

Normal but you can disable this in the drop down menu button.

36 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Also the route description isn't complete. It doesnt seem to copy over all the waypoints Ive added. At some point it cuts off. 

Expected if you insert the CSV from above. This deals only with a more or less clean list of airports and navaids.

Alex

• Like 1

I guess just deleting the waypoints before and after and then saving as will work, but I dont like that method because of risk of human error. Then I risk deleting the entire master plan, and I have to do this quite often (like once a week for the next 6 months). 

Other than deleting the waypoints and doing a "save as", I didn't understand if there are other methods from your reply?

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

5 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I guess just deleting the waypoints before and after and then saving as will work, but I dont like that method because of risk of human error. Then I risk deleting the entire master plan, and I have to do this quite often (like once a week for the next 6 months). 

Keep one or more backups. I'd do that anyway for such an important plan.

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Other than deleting the waypoints and doing a "save as", I didn't understand if there are other methods from your reply?

No other methods for this specific case, sorry. Let's see if I can put this into the next beta.

Alex

BTW: I forgot (ohhh my brain): LNM will not replace the current plan after changing departure and destination if "Avoid overwriting flight plan with not matching departure and destination" is checked in options. It will not save to the current file but show the save as file dialog.

20 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

How do I do that?

Hey Andy, you can always import your select/copy any part of your route generated in SkyVector , then paste the text from SV’s route map into LilNavMap’s import text feature... and when we get our GTN 650/750s back into MSFS, LNM will export your whole or any part of your SouthAmerica or any part of it into our aforesaid GTNs in their own format.  That’s how I did my PilotEdge skywriting of “Trump Sucks” from Santa Catalina to KSNA., and much earlier my YT tutorial on creating a unique PMDG 737-800 RNP approach into PAPG, using my GTN 750 equipped Beach Royal.

Hope this helps,

chas

Edited by hesynergy
  • Like 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

12 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks Chas 🙂 Dont know why I called you Chuck 😄 

That was my first appellation, which I had my mother agree to. Since I was the third living “Charles”, (dad and grandpa), I wanted at a very early age to be unique.  I could well have told you that when we chatted, since Chas, and Charlie(as my wife knows me) signaled transitions  in my life. 

Hope you and your partner...sorry forgot his name, are safe and healthy.

I’m looking forward to our flight tomorrow!

Chas

• Like 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2