Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

ATC still broken?

A good starting point would be Asobo to make the ATC follow the flight plan the user planned, VNav included.
If i have to be @3500ft on the next waypoint in the plan, just make the ATC check that and call descents in time.
That shouldn't be such a huge issue to solve.

Edited by Alberto Zanot

Once you get to your descent point and they haven't told you anything, switch to vfr and fly it yourself.  

One thing I noticed last night is if your flightplan has a nav point very close to the airport (like the VOR station at the airport), it will ignore that you're actually approaching the airport until you are on the last point.  Obviously this point should be ignored and you should just be vectored in on approach, but ATC thinks you should fly every point.  For example if I'm flying into KBUF, and my last waypoint before the airport is BUF, ATC will have me cruise right over top of the airport, then it will wake up and realize it is time to land.  The FS flight planner likes to throw these points in sometimes.  Get rid of these points in your flightplan and the ATC does a little better job.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

54 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Anyone that still uses the default ATC is a broken simmer. Vatsim or Pilotedge. 

Yeah, no. I mean sure default really sucks,  but vatsim or pilotedge is def not the answer... I currently use Pilot2ATC, would love to see PFE come as well (with their region based accents)

23 minutes ago, Alberto Zanot said:

A good starting point would be Asobo to make the ATC follow the flight plan the user planned, VNav included.
If i have to be @3500ft on the next waypoint in the plan, just make the ATC check that and call descents in time.
That shouldn't be such a huge issue to solve.

Just follow and adhere to your planned altitudes. Many are mandatory restrictions and some are at pilot's discretion. If you have en-route, SID, Star charts for your flight plan, then you really don't need the default ATC.

I think Dave at Pilot2ATC has a trial and this is a much better option, if you don't want to go the VATSIM or IVAO route.

Actually, with edit voice pack and PFPX flight plans, P3D ATC is not that bad. I have proper phraseology and communication speed. PFPX will embed SIDs and Departures into the flight plan. The big issue is when near mountains, it my descend you and then ask you to climb again. It works a lot better than the MSFS ATC. Vectors just stop at points and it uses the wrong phraseology. It will tell you to maintain heading and send you out into the abyss. They have actually taken a step back when it comes to ATC.