Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Just Flight Traffic Global our of beta

I bought Traffic Global only this week. I'm one of those simmers who don't want to fart around with all manner of settings (holds hands over face in shock horror!) but simply want my virtual airports to be populated with the correct types and numbers of AI. I really couldn't give a flying fig (sorry for the pun) if an AI flies at 32,000ft instead of 35,000ft or one arrives at an airport on a Saturday rather than a Monday! For me, it has worked a treat. I had previously been using My Traffic X and got sick and tired of it working sometimes and not at others, not to mention the workaround I had to perform to get it to work in P3Dv4, very odd program. Maybe it was me, but with Traffic Global, it installed a treat. The only thing I did find was on startup, I noticed there were still some default AI present, and TG should have disabled the relevent AI file in the scenery folder to ensure these didn't appear. This didn't happen, so I disabled the relevent AI file myself and since then I have been very happy at what I have. I was also swayed at some of the YT videos and reviews I had seen, so the official release is welcome. Nice thing is, I bought it at the special reduced price! :biggrin: I will now look forward to exploring the program in a little more detail.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Does anyone know how to install the full version? My account on the the JF website is still showing the early access version in my downloads? Is it simply an update? Cheers.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Does anyone know how to install the full version? My account on the the JF website is still showing the early access version in my downloads? Is it simply an update? Cheers.

The latest version is I think 1.1.1.8 which I believe is still technically early access. I just installed the new update this week.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

The latest version is I think 1.1.1.8 which I believe is still technically early access. I just installed the new update this week.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete, hmm, that's what I have. But if you go to the retail page, it shows the full version available (?) but in my downloads, it shows it's still the early access version. Odd.

Howard

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Pete, hmm, that's what I have. But if you go to the retail page, it shows the full version available (?) but in my downloads, it shows it's still the early access version. Odd.

That is a good point. The email they sent said this: “New v1.1.1.8 software for Traffic Global is now available, marking the end of the Early Access period and providing several updates and fixes.“ This is definitely a bit confusing. Maybe they neglected to remove early access from the download page? 

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

7 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I really couldn't give a flying fig (sorry for the pun) if an AI flies at 32,000ft instead of 35,000ft

It's not so much the accurate altitudes but everything at the same altitude regardless of their direction of flight is a major dropped ball. As long as you fly with your blinders on and TCAS off, you'll be alright. 😉

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It's not so much the accurate altitudes but everything at the same altitude regardless of their direction of flight is a major dropped ball. As long as you fly with your blinders on and TCAS off, you'll be alright. 😉

Yeah, I see your point Dave.

Howard